• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dung

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2017
    Charlestwon
    Has anyone here got any recommendations for lemon law attorneys in Indiana. I have a 2018 Tacoma with a noisy rear end that Toyota refuses to repair. It technically works, but it sounds like an old farm truck running in granny low. They have attempted one repair, but now say it is a normal charactestic of the truck and won't budge on it.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    Has anyone here got any recommendations for lemon law attorneys in Indiana. I have a 2018 Tacoma with a noisy rear end that Toyota refuses to repair. It technically works, but it sounds like an old farm truck running in granny low. They have attempted one repair, but now say it is a normal charactestic of the truck and won't budge on it.

Lemon law doesn't apply to a functional vehicle unless 4 attempts have been made to resolve an issue.

https://www.in.gov/attorneygeneral/2544.htm

woowoo2

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    Go over their head, contact corporate.
    Get active on social media, send them links of the activity.
    Be fair, honest, but firm in your desires.

Last time I had a problem with a dealership, Complaining on Facebook (Their page) fixed it.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I had a persistent issue with my 2018 Pacifica. It was fixed after I made contact with a Chrysler customer service rep on a Pacifica forum and they "elevated" my complaint.

dung

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2017
    Charlestwon
    I went over the dealers head to get the rear-end repaired and hood repaired. Corporate has told them not to do anything else as the truck is working with in spec. The rear end noise is apparent in quite a few of these trucks, some are worse than others. It was not present in the 4 trucks I test drove before buying this. Mine didn't develop it until after 2 or 3 thousand miles. My fuel pump or something that sounds exactly like one is also very noisy and it isn't prevalent on any other trucks or even mentioned on the forums.

Here is a bit of a run down on what is happening.
    1. At around 2k miles i complained about a loose hood reinforcement, the rear end noise and a fuel pump type whine. They drove the truck and don't "hear it" so no problem. Also, they said all of the trucks on the lot have floppy hoods so that isnt a problem either.
    2. Around 5k I complain some more. They move the bed forward 3/8 of inch or so and say it is fixed, no noise. Though they had mechanic with bad hearing drive it....it was unchanged
    3. After that I called corporate they authorized them to replace the rear differential and repair the hood. They did that and it changed the characteristics of the noise. It is still quite apparent any time you feather the throttle at 55 and has also started ringing at 30-35. They also dented the hood while repairing it.
    4. I called corporate another time, they set up another appointment with the dealership to check it out. They ( TAS ,toyota corporate) say fuel pumps can be noisy, it isn't a problem we won't fix it. They did however fix the dent.

So basically, I won't be getting a 4th repair attempt because they say it isnt broken. If I had bad hearing or noisier tires I would be set. I still have pretty good hearing so this drives me bonkers.

Last edited:

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    So basically, I won't be getting a 4th repair attempt because they say it isnt broken. If I had bad hearing or noisier tires I would be set. I still have pretty good hearing so this drives me bonkers.

Loud isn't broken. It's a really subjective complaint. You're not going to get them to buy it back because it's too loud if everything is working properly.

If you really want out of it, I will trade you any one of my firearms for it straight up. :):

dung

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2017
    Charlestwon
    It is made by Hino manufacturing in Thailand. I get that loud isn't broken, but door and dash rattles aren't broken things and they fix those all the time. I can hear this windows down, windows up, radio up...whatever it is pretty annoying. At least no one has said just drive slower than 55 :)

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    You are much better off seeking information on a Tacoma forum father than on a gun forum. That being said, I found a TSB that might apply to your truck:

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2018/MC-10149973-9999.pdf

Tacoma World forum is probably your best bet for info on your truck:

https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/2018-rear-end-howl.559371

Apparently this is a widely known issue with these trucks. If you can't get them to fix it, I'd tell you to trade it for something else if you don't like it. It's a Tacoma, people pay stupid money for those little things, so you won't lose too much money compared to other makes.

I've had stellar service from Toyota on the one Toyota that I have owned, including reimbursement from corporate for a repair that I paid for and was later determined to be a recall item. It is possible that your local dealer's service department are idiots, so you should try another dealer if you can't get satisfaction from your usual dealer.

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    It is made by Hino manufacturing in Thailand. I get that loud isn't broken, but door and dash rattles aren't broken things and they fix those all the time. I can hear this windows down, windows up, radio up...whatever it is pretty annoying. At least no one has said just drive slower than 55 :)
    Well that's because you should be keeping it above 55 at all times!

It's truly sad how customers are treated post sale on just about anything. I reached out to my home builder about a leaking front door discovered after we moved in last year. The house is 7 years old and the subfloor is very rotten under the front door with 2x4s glued and screwed in as extra support from the top. This tells me that the issue has existed and attempted to be repaired in the past. The warranty rep I talked to blamed it on poor maintenance and that the only warranty left on the house was the 10 year foundation warranty. Everything else essentially expired after 1 year. How is it that a house, the most expensive purchase any of us usually make, intended to last a lifetime should only have a 1 year warranty on everything but the foundation?!

dung

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2017
    Charlestwon
    My truck already has the TSB from the factory as it was built after that came out. The tech inspected it to make sure everything was present and properly installed.

Tacomaworld is a pretty big circle jerk and I am already a member, but came here looking for Indiana specific lawyer recommendations.

I will need to find an old deaf guy to sell it to. Anyone need a new truck? Beyond that, I really want a new Jeep Gladiator.....I know Dodge is still Crap and it is a first model year so not a good idea.

Home warranties are beyond useless. Our house came with one, it didn't save us anything as all the service charges were below the deductible or the items weren't covered. I am sorry about your rot, that blows and isn't always an easy fix.

Top Bottom