Unreal, Cast Of Friends TV Show Make Insane $$$ For Reruns...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    The reruns of the show are reportedly bringing in roughly $20 million for each cast member each year, according to a report published Monday by The Sun. The news comes as “Friends” celebrates its 25th anniversary this year.

At least the 6 primary cast members.

Goes to to show if they could produce decent TV people would watch it.

https://dailycaller.com/2019/09/25/friends-cast-make-every-year-20-million/

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    INGO —- “Yay ... Capitalism”

INGO —- “They get paid too much”

If there wasn’t a demand they wouldn’t get paid for it. Good for them. They did something for many season, many people love the show, and they still play it, heck ya if it was me I would want a check

Kdf101

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Sullivan County
    I’m in the good for them camp. If that is what the markets pays, then so be it. I can’t even imagine that kind of money. I did a lot of things wrong, I won’t even see that much money the rest of my life.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Sssssssshhhhhhhh...

...any popular TV series of that era and the actors involved MUST be full of racism and bigotry. :rolleyes:

It's gonna be hard to keep the woke police off of this news.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    I never cared for the show. It's fine, but it wasn't something I ever sought out.

That said, I don't feel anything about the actors being paid for the reruns, except perhaps a bit of envy re: their business acumen. I would love to still be paid regularly for work I did years ago.

Oh, and I really enjoyed the seasons of Top Gear that Matt LeBlanc (Joey) hosted, but I also don't blame him for not wanting to put up with the schedule Top Gear demands.

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    The reruns of the show are reportedly bringing in roughly $20 million for each cast member each year, according to a report published Monday by The Sun. The news comes as “Friends” celebrates its 25th anniversary this year.

At least the 6 primary cast members.

Goes to to show if they could produce decent TV people would watch it.

https://dailycaller.com/2019/09/25/friends-cast-make-every-year-20-million/

Just to be clear, there is absolutely nothing wrong with them getting paid whatever their contracts agreed to pay them for reruns. But it is an unreal and insane amount of money in my world.

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    It is also getting harder to pay a cast that much as entertainment is so fragmented today. Big Bang, the recent #1 comedy, generally had about half the viewers of Friends.

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Sssssssshhhhhhhh...

...any popular TV series of that era and the actors involved MUST be full of racism and bigotry. :rolleyes:

It's gonna be hard to keep the woke police off of this news.

OMG, this is so true. Even up until recently, the show Two Broke Girls was on the air and man, did that show check every “woke” box there is: gay jokes, cultural stereotypes, class discrimination, capitalism, etc.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    INGO —- “Yay ... Capitalism”

INGO —- “They get paid too much”

If there wasn’t a demand they wouldn’t get paid for it. Good for them. They did something for many season, many people love the show, and they still play it, heck ya if it was me I would want a check

????

Not 1 post stating they are over paid.

Just curious.

I never watched this series save for 10 minutes here or there but heck yes, get paid.

Last edited:

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Royalties are the way to do it, man. Sit back and watch the cash poor in.

Assuming you can produce something folks want to see over and over....pretty big risk.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    OMG, this is so true. Even up until recently, the show Two Broke Girls was on the air and man, did that show check every “woke” box there is: gay jokes, cultural stereotypes, class discrimination, capitalism, etc.

I tried to watch that show a couple times, and felt dumber every time. What a pathetic piece of garbage. Can't believe they made it beyond the pilot episodes.

Top Bottom