• ...and so much more!
  • Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    This is a pretty small issue, but I can't find a solution locally, at least not yet.

I just bought an older model Dodge Ram 1500 and just realized that I do not have the little rod used to lower/raise the spare tire.
    It looks like nothing more than a long socket extention with a nut on one end and squared on the other.
    I have the tire iron that acts as the t-handle, but not the rod to insert into the bumper socket.

Anyone know where I might go to find one?
    Auto Zone doewsn't carry them, and there arren't many junk yards around anymore...

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    That's too bad. There's probably a dozen within a short drive of me. If not a dozen, then half a dozen at least.
    I've been to several of them.
    switches, safety belt buckle, and such.

Mirrors and things like that, tend to either be smashed, or picked up by other people before you can get there.

schmart

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 10, 2014
    Lafayette
    I've got a full tool set that was extra in a dodge ram I used to have. I don't know if it was original to the PU or if it came from something else. You are welcome to it.. I can email photos if you want. I'm in Lafayette so transfer shouldn't be an issue. PM me w/ an email if you want photos.
    --Rick

El Conquistador

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Jan 28, 2019
    far from here
    This is a pretty small issue, but I can't find a solution locally, at least not yet.

I just bought an older model Dodge Ram 1500 and just realized that I do not have the little rod used to lower/raise the spare tire.
    It looks like nothing more than a long socket extention with a nut on one end and squared on the other.
    I have the tire iron that acts as the t-handle, but not the rod to insert into the bumper socket.

Anyone know where I might go to find one?
    Auto Zone doewsn't carry them, and there arren't many junk yards around anymore...

i checked several trucks at the junk yard near me this morning and all were gone. The guy at the counter said the tools and jack are usually the first things taken when they are brought in.
    Sorry

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I've got a full tool set that was extra in a dodge ram I used to have. I don't know if it was original to the PU or if it came from something else. You are welcome to it.. I can email photos if you want. I'm in Lafayette so transfer shouldn't be an issue. PM me w/ an email if you want photos.
    --Rick

:rockwoot:Pm sent!

Top Bottom