What Would Be Your Reaction If Extraterestial Life Was Discovered?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    Good evening guys and gals,

I was reading an online article earlier today. NASA is going to send two rovers to Mars before 2022.

They will have the ability to dig into the ground and test soil samples for any signs of life. The head of the project thought that mankind is not ready or can't handle the fact of knowing that we are not alone.

He stated something along the lines that this discovery will fundamentally change society. I don't agree with him on that.

If life was discovered on Mars I would find it very interesting. My religious views would not change and I surmise that many others share similar beliefs.

Aliens have been a part of our culture for decades; in film, literature, video games, etc..
    I don't think our society will be greatly affected.

What says you ingo? What would your reaction be if NASA announced microscopic life on Mars was discovered?

I feel really sorry for the members of my generation who already need a safe space to escape domestic people, ideas, etc that cause them distress

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I thought they kept some at Area 51?

Honestly tho, it wouldn’t change anything imo. If they discovered life existed elsewhere so what? That means they’ve been there this entire time and never had an effect on anything in my life thus far, so why would discovering their existence change that?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I have always assumed there is life elsewhere, so I would not be surprised. If they found the aliens on Mars massing for an invasion of earth, I might be a bit disturbed by that.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    It's foolish to believe we are alone in the universe.

*flame suit on*

The universe is really big. Somewhere there are civilizations in the Bronze Age. Somewhere there are 50 foot tall, methane gas-breathing bad asses with Stephen Hawking IQs who have perfected travel at faster then light speed. Hopefully the ones who would see us as insects don't find us.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    No surprise. There are billions of galaxies each with billions of stars. If life is a one in a billion possibility, that still makes a billion places with some sort of life.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    We’ve done this thread before.

That being said, my creation has nothing to do with a different creation :dunno:

I don't recall the Bible stating earth is the only place where life was created.

Raskolnikov

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I think ET life already exists. Thinking of the size of the universe, it seems inevitable that something else is out there, be it microscopic or scores larger and more advanced. I'd be deeply interested in the findings. There wouldn't be any fear.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Simple "life" or intelligent life? Simple life, I doubt anyone would concerning anybody other than the pure fascination. Intelligent life, that would depend on their level of advancement. I don't know who said it, but someone stated that anytime a culture meets a less technologically advance one, it doesn't bode all that well. So until we have some Battlestars cruising the solar system, I'm not too keen on meeting any other spacefaring culture.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010

That being said, my creation has nothing to do with a different creation :dunno:

I don't recall the Bible stating earth is the only place where life was created.

Pretty much this.

I am working from the assumption that there is life on other celestial bodies, perhaps even as close as within our own solar system.

It doesn't change anything for me.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana

besides, He says in John 10:16 I have sheep not of this fold....

Top Bottom