• ...and so much more!
  • KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I knew the city was having rough times and fiscal difficulties due to reduced iron work but most miserable? Wow! Just wow!!

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    I watch a series on cable called Aerial America (which I highly recommend). When they did Indiana, one segment showed Gary from the air. It really did look miserable, with the dilapidated structures with roofs caving in, etc ... You don't get the full effect of the devastation until you see it from the air. My father once owned a gas station in Gary during it's heyday, and it was a very happening place (for all the right reasons). Very sad indeed.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Sure, Gary is a ****hole but I have been through worse.

Detroit, ****pit. Flint, another dump. The South Bronx looks like a third world war zone. Even Philly. . . .while it is nice downtown around Independence Hall and Jeffersons house, it can be a little rough. And lets not forget East St. Louis.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    DemocRat havens all. Just keep voting for the left and paying those union dues until it's time to collect unemployment and hope there are still enough working people left in the country to pay your way...or more likely don't worry about it because Uncle Sugar will always be there. Until he's not.

Last edited:

Lt Scott 14

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 18, 2018
    Porter County
    Born there and grew up in the older days there. Big changes, saw an audit said population went from 180K to 80K in a 20 year span. Thought it was over 280K in the 70's. Agree crime and gangs sucked the life out. Mill work, or lack of, did too!
    I do a drive thru on occasion and look at my Grandparents old house, and my Parents house, and both are well kept despite the area changes.
    Yep, its toast, and you know the residents who work and support the area aren't getting ahead. Good luck to them.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Hey now quit hating on Gary!
    At least it is not the murder capital of the world like it once was. :p

My grandpa would tell me stories and show me old pics of downtown Gary back in the 40s/50s and it looked like downtown Chicago.
    Lots of lights and shops and night life.

Top Bottom