Join INGunOwners For Free
    wcd
    Expert

User Info Menu

think this is like running out of Safe Space

Things are going well at the homestead, problem is we are running out of Barn space. We have an old Barn at the Mid point of our property not really the best locatjion but for the most part it is there. There is one small section of the roof missing and it has leaked in that area and needs a section replaced. What I am wondering is if it would be worth it to try and rehab it? Nothing is sagging in the roof yet.

User Info Menu

Get a quote for repairs and make your decision based on that vs the value. Even if you're a diy'er I like to get a quote from a pro for projects like this, it helps motivate me one way or the other. Since it's semi remote on your property are you comfortable using it as storage from a security standpoint?
    Yes I am for gun control!! A firm grip, steady aim, and a gentle squeeze!!

What comes after your first "infraction"? Double Secret Probation perhaps???

User Info Menu

Fix it, get it fixed or demo it.

No reason to have something that is just going to get worse, and become a safety hazard, on your property.

User Info Menu

Tannerite
    “Son, when the Marine Corps wants you to have a wife, you will be issued one.” -Chesty Puller

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

I agree with f77. Get a quote.
    Then use that as a measuring stick against your own ability's to effect repairs.
    If the rest of the structure is sound fix it. If not demo. I think the tannrite option fits here. Pics/video required of course.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by churchmouse View Post
    I agree with f77. Get a quote.
    Then use that as a measuring stick against your own ability's to effect repairs.
    If the rest of the structure is sound fix it. If not demo. I think the tannrite option fits here. Pics/video required of course.
    No pics or video equals a ban from the mouse.
    “Son, when the Marine Corps wants you to have a wife, you will be issued one.” -Chesty Puller

Expert

User Info Menu

If it's got good bones and can be made servicable, offsite storage can be handy for storing and swapping tractor implements. I don't know if that's pertinate for you.

wcd
    Expert

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by femurphy77 View Post
    Get a quote for repairs and make your decision based on that vs the value. Even if you're a diy'er I like to get a quote from a pro for projects like this, it helps motivate me one way or the other. Since it's semi remote on your property are you comfortable using it as storage from a security standpoint?
    From a security standpoint its like Fort Knox, kind of its under 24/7 security monitoring, 165 pound LGD and Jack. so security is not a concern. Also it woudl be for Livestock