• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Things are going well at the homestead, problem is we are running out of Barn space. We have an old Barn at the Mid point of our property not really the best locatjion but for the most part it is there. There is one small section of the roof missing and it has leaked in that area and needs a section replaced. What I am wondering is if it would be worth it to try and rehab it? Nothing is sagging in the roof yet.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Get a quote for repairs and make your decision based on that vs the value. Even if you're a diy'er I like to get a quote from a pro for projects like this, it helps motivate me one way or the other. Since it's semi remote on your property are you comfortable using it as storage from a security standpoint?

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Fix it, get it fixed or demo it.

No reason to have something that is just going to get worse, and become a safety hazard, on your property.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I agree with f77. Get a quote.
    Then use that as a measuring stick against your own ability's to effect repairs.
    If the rest of the structure is sound fix it. If not demo. I think the tannrite option fits here. Pics/video required of course.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I agree with f77. Get a quote.
    Then use that as a measuring stick against your own ability's to effect repairs.
    If the rest of the structure is sound fix it. If not demo. I think the tannrite option fits here. Pics/video required of course.

No pics or video equals a ban from the mouse.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Get a quote for repairs and make your decision based on that vs the value. Even if you're a diy'er I like to get a quote from a pro for projects like this, it helps motivate me one way or the other. Since it's semi remote on your property are you comfortable using it as storage from a security standpoint?

From a security standpoint its like Fort Knox, kind of its under 24/7 security monitoring, 165 pound LGD and Jack. so security is not a concern. Also it woudl be for Livestock

Top Bottom