Join INGunOwners For Free

Thread: Pulled over.

Expert

User Info Menu

Pulled over.

So got pulled over tonight. I was going pretty quick. Cop was nice and efficient. He gave me a warning (awesome). My question is how long do warnings last? I got a warning about 4 years ago speeding because my wife had gone into labor. So obviously they expire within 4 years or so. Anyone know how long though exactly? This was the porter county sheriffs if that makes a difference.

User Info Menu

You still have your Wallet?
    “Son, when the Marine Corps wants you to have a wife, you will be issued one.” -Chesty Puller

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dosproduction View Post
    So got pulled over tonight. I was going pretty quick. Cop was nice and efficient. He gave me a warning (awesome). My question is how long do warnings last? I got a warning about 4 years ago speeding because my wife had gone into labor. So obviously they expire within 4 years or so. Anyone know how long though exactly? This was the porter county sheriffs if that makes a difference.
    I was told by a police officer several years ago that warnings are not recorded. But hopefully someone with some "real" knowledge will come along and let you know for sure.

Ron
    “We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level of our training.” -Archilochus

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
    I was told by a police officer several years ago that warnings are not recorded. But hopefully someone with some "real" knowledge will come along and let you know for sure.

Ron

Ditto. And here in Indy if you are ticketed you can pay a bribe and have a citation "disappeared" in the system so it isn't reported to your insurance. This option is offered at the time of the ticketing and it's all very convenient with online payments being accepted. Nice way for the city to increase their bottom line and for you to keep your insurance rates from going up.

I'm sure it's 100% legit.
    Last edited by femurphy77; 1 Week Ago at 08:51.
    Yes I am for gun control!! A firm grip, steady aim, and a gentle squeeze!!

What comes after your first "infraction"? Double Secret Probation perhaps???

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post

Ron
    The answer is "it depends." Agencies differ in how they treat warnings. Some agencies may keep them on files for a very long time, and some might not at all. Many agencies have "in-house" databases, separated from the BMV, where they can see warnings from pretty far back.
    I Have the Worst Crew Ever

User Info Menu

Do they keep those servers in bathrooms?
    Amazing Grace, how sweet was her sound.

Love them as if you'll lose them.

User Info Menu

My last Speeding Ticket in LaPorte co- the DA's office had me pay the fine but NO Points as long as I did not get Another Ticket within 1 year
    Any day your NOT in JAIL ... is a GOOD Day

Plinker

User Info Menu

Tickets that result in a conviction will be reflected on your license usually for 10 years with points dropping off after two years. Warnings vary. Some agencies are okay with verbal warnings which are not recorded while other warnings may be kept in their local database. Rarely can an officer see warning history from an outside agency.