• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dosproduction

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Porter County
    So got pulled over tonight. I was going pretty quick. Cop was nice and efficient. He gave me a warning (awesome). My question is how long do warnings last? I got a warning about 4 years ago speeding because my wife had gone into labor. So obviously they expire within 4 years or so. Anyone know how long though exactly? This was the porter county sheriffs if that makes a difference.

Gaffer

Shhhh.......
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2016
    Southern IN
    So got pulled over tonight. I was going pretty quick. Cop was nice and efficient. He gave me a warning (awesome). My question is how long do warnings last? I got a warning about 4 years ago speeding because my wife had gone into labor. So obviously they expire within 4 years or so. Anyone know how long though exactly? This was the porter county sheriffs if that makes a difference.

I was told by a police officer several years ago that warnings are not recorded. But hopefully someone with some "real" knowledge will come along and let you know for sure.

Ron

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I was told by a police officer several years ago that warnings are not recorded. But hopefully someone with some "real" knowledge will come along and let you know for sure.

Ron

Ditto. And here in Indy if you are ticketed you can pay a bribe and have a citation "disappeared" in the system so it isn't reported to your insurance. This option is offered at the time of the ticketing and it's all very convenient with online payments being accepted. Nice way for the city to increase their bottom line and for you to keep your insurance rates from going up.

I'm sure it's 100% legit.

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Ron

The answer is "it depends." Agencies differ in how they treat warnings. Some agencies may keep them on files for a very long time, and some might not at all. Many agencies have "in-house" databases, separated from the BMV, where they can see warnings from pretty far back.

radar8756

Works for Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   1
    Sep 21, 2010
    Westville, IN
    My last Speeding Ticket in LaPorte co- the DA's office had me pay the fine but NO Points as long as I did not get Another Ticket within 1 year

1mil-high

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 30, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Tickets that result in a conviction will be reflected on your license usually for 10 years with points dropping off after two years. Warnings vary. Some agencies are okay with verbal warnings which are not recorded while other warnings may be kept in their local database. Rarely can an officer see warning history from an outside agency.

Top Bottom