Those poison worms for moles really work.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    And so do those poison "peanuts" in the cone shaped yellow container, and the Amdro Gopher gassers.

This week has been exceptionally productive for me. Found mice and voles at home, and been fighting moles at church for years. BAD mole problems.

Earlier in the week I found extensive burrowing critter evidence in the garden as I rip out the dead plants. Sprinkled those poison pellets, and when cleaning a couple days ago I raked up a nice size field mouse.

Then I discovered evidence of a vole in front of the house. after scaring him into a burrow, I let off two gopher gassers into the entrance. No sign of him since.

Another trustee put out one of the poison worms for the mole at church last week. On a whim as I was puttering around the building waiting for the wife to finish choir practice I decided to wander to where the moles were bad and see if it looked like activity had subsided. As I approached the bump right by the sidewalk where the trustee had placed a worm (that was no longer there) I saw something move. I kicked the pile of dirt and out tumbled a mole onto the curb that was the size of a baseball when curled up. A pretty big sucker. With no other tools than my G19 handy I did my best imitation of Frank and dispatched the critter while yelling "STOP RESISTING!".

The only downside is right as I was curb stomping, one of the blue hairs arrived and was a little distraught that I had just dispatched one of God's creatures. I'm sure she will get over it. (though she looked like she might faint at the time)

Its been a good week.

Oh, and I dont know if those worms actually poison them, but they do bring them to the surface for a while so you can stomp the crap out of them. :):

alabasterjar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    Steuben County
    And so do those poison "peanuts" in the cone shaped yellow container, and the Amdro Gopher gassers.

This week has been exceptionally productive for me. Found mice and voles at home, and been fighting moles at church for years. BAD mole problems.

Earlier in the week I found extensive burrowing critter evidence in the garden as I rip out the dead plants. Sprinkled those poison pellets, and when cleaning a couple days ago I raked up a nice size field mouse.

Then I discovered evidence of a vole in front of the house. after scaring him into a burrow, I let off two gopher gassers into the entrance. No sign of him since.

Another trustee put out one of the poison worms for the mole at church last week. On a whim as I was puttering around the building waiting for the wife to finish choir practice I decided to wander to where the moles were bad and see if it looked like activity had subsided. As I approached the bump right by the sidewalk where the trustee had placed a worm (that was no longer there) I saw something move. I kicked the pile of dirt and out tumbled a mole onto the curb that was the size of a baseball when curled up. A pretty big sucker. With no other tools than my G19 handy I did my best imitation of Frank and dispatched the critter while yelling "STOP RESISTING!".

The only downside is right as I was curb stomping, one of the blue hairs arrived and was a little distraught that I had just dispatched one of God's creatures. I'm sure she will get over it. (though she looked like she might faint at the time)

Its been a good week.

Oh, and I dont know if those worms actually poison them, but they do bring them to the surface for a while so you can stomp the crap out of them. :):

THIS is a quality post! :rockwoot:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I've finally figured out how to place those worms to take out the moles. They really have curbed my mole infestation. I did notice some new mounds this week...I guess it's time to set more out.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I've finally figured out how to place those worms to take out the moles. They really have curbed my mole infestation. I did notice some new mounds this week...I guess it's time to set more out.

Share? Not sure my guy did it right because we havent seen an actual decrease yet using his method. My size 10 method is the only apparent kill so far.

Thank you for the information. I will try it. Now just need to find a way to control blackberry bushes.

Nuke those from orbit, its the only way. :):

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    We have voles BAD at my house. The only thing I have found that is any help whatsoever is this granulated stuff that’s castor oil and peppermint oil. They friggen HATE that stuff and it has successfully chased them into the back 40. The down side is that I have to apply a barrier of the stuff about once a month.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    We have voles BAD at my house. The only thing I have found that is any help whatsoever is this granulated stuff that’s castor oil and peppermint oil. They friggen HATE that stuff and it has successfully chased them into the back 40. The down side is that I have to apply a barrier of the stuff about once a month.

try these down the burrows. Worked like a charm. (Ace hardware stocks it)

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Sweeney-...MIhark6JmT5QIVYh6tBh1hLwBJEAQYASABEgKLIfD_BwE

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Share? Not sure my guy did it right because we havent seen an actual decrease yet using his method. My size 10 method is the only apparent kill so far.

The moles in my yard produce a lot of mounds but seemingly few tunnels. I'll sometimes have mounds 18" in diameter and 8" or so high. So, what I'll do is gently rake the dirt away from the mound, looking for the hole of the tunnel. Usually, some of the dirt will fall back into the hole so you usually have to kind of feel around for it. Sometimes not--it's visible. Sometimes I can't find the hole and I'll move on to another mound. When I find the tunnel, I'll clear as much dirt out of the tunnel hole as possible, as far as I can reach in with my fingers. Then I place a worm in the tunnel. I'll take a piece of cardboard and place it over the hole and cover with dirt...and wait. I usually place a couple of worms in an area using that strategy and then using a rake, knock down all the rest of the mounds so that I can monitor the progress.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN

These also seem to work if you are lucky and can trap them inside with no back door to escape. but honestly it’s hit and miss for me. (But worth a shot)

https://www.homedepot.com/p/AMDRO-G...?bvrrp=1999/questions/product/2/203031283.htm

Well the gas sticks are just fun because you pretend you are using explosives like you really want to.

932-2.jpg

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Winner. There has to be a solid food source to keep them in an area. Sam with anything from rats to moles. Loos the food loose the vermin.

Ad exactly how do you remove the earthworms they eat?

The old wives tale of grubs are all they eat is BS.

But I agree with the theory in general of removing what attracts them and making it unattractive to them.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    When we first moved in, we had a few moles. Neighbors all around us are full of them. I put down grub killer spring and fall that first year. No more moles, and only the occasional vole (they eat insects, so I don't mind as much). Probably time to knock the grubs back again, as a preventative.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Our turf at church is very segmented due to various patches of pavement. It wouldnt hurt to try some GrubEx on a section and see what happens. (even though the lawn is quite healthy and shows no sign of stress from grubs) Then if that patch clears up we can treat the other 6 acres.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    When we first moved in, we had a few moles. Neighbors all around us are full of them. I put down grub killer spring and fall that first year. No more moles, and only the occasional vole (they eat insects, so I don't mind as much). Probably time to knock the grubs back again, as a preventative.

This. We had june bug insanity when we moved in and they were overwhelming. The surrounding area as well. We started treating for them need within 2 seasons the moles were gone and w had a serious mole issue. It took two years to get the yard level out from the tunneling. W treated the surrounding yards as well.

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The moles in my yard produce a lot of mounds but seemingly few tunnels. I'll sometimes have mounds 18" in diameter and 8" or so high. So, what I'll do is gently rake the dirt away from the mound, looking for the hole of the tunnel. Usually, some of the dirt will fall back into the hole so you usually have to kind of feel around for it. Sometimes not--it's visible. Sometimes I can't find the hole and I'll move on to another mound. When I find the tunnel, I'll clear as much dirt out of the tunnel hole as possible, as far as I can reach in with my fingers. Then I place a worm in the tunnel. I'll take a piece of cardboard and place it over the hole and cover with dirt...and wait. I usually place a couple of worms in an area using that strategy and then using a rake, knock down all the rest of the mounds so that I can monitor the progress.

So much "naughty" potential in this post... :):

Top Bottom