Join INGunOwners For Free
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Expert pute62's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Rushville Library

    I travel thru Rushville a few times thru the week and just happened to stop in front of the library one day to check messages on my phone. What I at first thought was a clock on the front of the building, turns out to be some type of sun dial but I can't find any information on it. Any Rushvilians on here that can shed some light on it?

    20191010_122709.jpg

    https://imge.to/i/vLQMqr
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank_N_Stein View Post
    I'd have mag-dumped on that mother****er. And then curbstomped the corpse.

  2. #2
    Sharpshooter Old Dog's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    https://www.rushvillelibrary.com/new...brary-building

    It is a sun dial, but very little information exists about it's design or use.
    The colors red, white, and blue stand for freedom until they are flashing behind you.

  3. #3
    Expert pute62's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Dog View Post
    https://www.rushvillelibrary.com/new...brary-building

    It is a sun dial, but very little information exists about it's design or use.
    I've Google this info but didn't get much info from it.. seems to be an ancient Chinese secret or perhaps some Illuminati ****. Perhaps someone can at least comment on the Roman numerals as I don't speak the language. I know how many Junior Wind Bags are on this forum. Lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank_N_Stein View Post
    I'd have mag-dumped on that mother****er. And then curbstomped the corpse.

  4. #4
    Grandmaster Kutnupe14's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Which way is the building facing, north or south?
    I Have the Worst Crew Ever

  5. #5
    Expert CampingJosh's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    The sundial is on the south-facing side.
    "The problem with internet quotations is that many are not genuine." -Abraham Lincoln

  6. #6
    Grandmaster Sigblitz's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    The numbers left to right represent 5am to 7pm.
    I'm gonna, riiiide 'till I can't no more.

  7. #7
    Expert

    User Info Menu

    Does a sundial account for Daylight Savings Time ?

    I know some of you like that discussion so much....
    Eating beavers just to help save trees.

  8. #8
    Grandmaster eldirector's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Indyhd View Post
    Does a sundial account for Daylight Savings Time ?

    I know some of you like that discussion so much....
    Sure! Twice a year, you just....

    Ryan "ElDirector"


  9. #9
    Sharpshooter Old Dog's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    More than 80 years later, questions remain about the library building. Any notes or minutes taken by the library board’s building committee have been lost. Looking at the Third Street façade of the building, folks usually notice two specific ornaments: the wise owl and the sundial. I often wonder who decided on these ornaments. The owl represents wisdom, and there is great wisdom in books and knowledge. That makes sense. Too bad we will never know who made the decision to include him. The sundial seems to be a basic ornament of Gothic architecture. Sundials adorned structures for centuries before clocks were put in towers. Perhaps our sundial represents the passage of time folks spend in our library enlightening themselves and becoming as wise as the owl who watches over our building.
    The colors red, white, and blue stand for freedom until they are flashing behind you.

  10. #10
    Grandmaster femurphy77's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Dog View Post
    More than 80 years later, questions remain about the library building. Any notes or minutes taken by the library board’s building committee have been lost. Looking at the Third Street façade of the building, folks usually notice two specific ornaments: the wise owl and the sundial. I often wonder who decided on these ornaments. The owl represents wisdom, and there is great wisdom in books and knowledge. That makes sense. Too bad we will never know who made the decision to include him. The sundial seems to be a basic ornament of Gothic architecture. Sundials adorned structures for centuries before clocks were put in towers. Perhaps our sundial represents the passage of time folks spend in our library enlightening themselves and becoming as wise as the owl who watches over our building.
    Or it could be the twice yearly discussion about DST that comes around like clockwork about the same time every year.

    Yes I am for gun control!! A firm grip, steady aim, and a gentle squeeze!!

    What comes after your first "infraction"? Double Secret Probation perhaps???

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Button Dodge