• ...and so much more!
  • cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Hey INGO, post up your Halloween stories! My twins decided to go as police officers this year and their daycare Halloween party is tonight. Then it’s a kid zone at Logan Farms Pumpkin Patch tomorrow with a petting zoo and pony rides. I love this time of year and having little ones makes it even more fun. Pictures forthcoming.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Not really Halloween-specific, but did take the youngest grand daughter to Waterman's Farm down in Greenwood today for their harvest festival and she got to pick a couple of small pumpkins from their pumpkin patch. She got to pet a goat and a sheep. Cross-posted in the OSTU thread... :)

qxYxD5g.jpg

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I'm the Halloween equivalent of Ebenezer Scrooge. Bah, I say. And humbug. Halloween is humbug!

It wouldn't be so bad if the kids who came to the door would always say, "Trick or treat!" and then "Thank you!" when they received a treat. Nowadays, at least half just hold an open bag in front of you and expect you to provide candy of their choice in a quantity that satisfies them and even fewer ever express any gratitude.

Bah. Humbug.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I for 1 love Halloween. Took the youngest and picked out her pumpkins today.
    No current pics but found this one in my gallery, taking down decorations in 2012

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    My kiddos won first place for most original costume and get to split $10 for their piggy banks. Sorry for the anti-gravity pose; posting from mobile.

Attachments

• B6AB9CD2-3E1D-4A6C-930A-8629146DB45F.jpeg
      B6AB9CD2-3E1D-4A6C-930A-8629146DB45F.jpeg
      66.2 KB · Views: 31

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    cute kids cb

Thanks! We took them to Logan Farms this past Sunday for the kid zone, pumpkin patch, and petting zoo. It was over 70 degrees out so the pony rides were suspended because they worked the pony pretty hard earlier in the day. I was expecting a couple of meltdowns when we broke the news to the kids but they took it in stride and went right back to the kid zone for awhile. A great day; could have only been better with some beer or hard cider, hehe.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    I'm the Halloween equivalent of Ebenezer Scrooge. Bah, I say. And humbug. Halloween is humbug!

It wouldn't be so bad if the kids who came to the door would always say, "Trick or treat!" and then "Thank you!" when they received a treat. Nowadays, at least half just hold an open bag in front of you and expect you to provide candy of their choice in a quantity that satisfies them and even fewer ever express any gratitude.

Bah. Humbug.

I feel this way sometimes. Last year I was pleasantly surprised, we had mostly cute, polite trick or treaters. And of course it's more fun now that I have grandkids that trick or treat.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I feel this way sometimes. Last year I was pleasantly surprised, we had mostly cute, polite trick or treaters. And of course it's more fun now that I have grandkids that trick or treat.

I'm the guy who leaves the lights off only on Halloween and blocks the driveway to make it difficult for people who ignore the hint. :)

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    I'm the guy who leaves the lights off only on Halloween and blocks the driveway to make it difficult for people who ignore the hint. :)
    I've left the lights off before. I was to the point of not caring if we ever gave out candy again, until my nephew started trick or treating, and now the grandkids. It's more fun seeing it thru their eyes. Most of the bratty/nasty kids have grown up and/or left the neighborhood.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    We don't get trick-or-treaters anymore. I see them going through the neighborhood behind me, but our street has gotten too busy, and with no sidewalks, that's pretty much killed the trick-or-treating. Oh I'll still buy some candy... for me. :):

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    We've lived on a private road with widely-spaced houses and no outlet since 2015. We get "0" trick or treaters. In fact, in our younger kids' last few trick-or-treat years (youngest's last year was...last year), we went to downtown Valpo.

Before we moved out here, we lived in South Haven, and Region Rats will be familiar. That is very dense with houses and you families. We got over 80 trick-or-treaters depending on the weather, and we were at the end of a road. People closer to Midway (the main thoroughfare) had hundreds.

It was fun. I always sat out on the porch and doled out the candy while listening to "War of the Worlds".

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    My family never really got into Halloween and I continue that tradition haha. It probably has to do with living out in the sticks, the only trick or treaters we got were a few cousins if their parents felt like driving them around all night to hit like 4 houses. My house is still out in the sticks, but I do have candy just incase. My 6 year old son isn't really interested in going out either.

I personally think its getting out of hand with people going to different towns to go trick or treating. I always thought it was more of your own neighborhood thing, and then family and friends too. I couldn't imagine going to different towns and making my kids beg for candy from strangers.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    At my old firm, we used to have a lot of fun with our kids trick-or-treating and costumes.

74399_1595131072579_6576363_n.jpg

ipod.png

bacon.png

(I love my son's Superman pose)

Top Bottom