• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Game 1 starts at 8:08 PM on Tuesday, but I'm already excited. Will the Astros take the next step to establish themselves as a dynasty? Will the Nationals win their first championship in franchise history?

Surely I'm not the only baseball fan on INGO. Here's a thread for discussing everything related to the 2019 World Series.

Steel and wood

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2016
    Tipton
    I am a cardinals fan have been for 50 years the national’s beat the breaks off them. The nationals have been a good team from the get go and really deserve to be there.
    For Houston wow they are the real deal, that whole team just works. From pitching to defense they just work. After last year when they smack down L.A. I could not have been happier.
    I get so wore out hearing about the how great the dodgers are and of course the great Yankees as if no one else matters.
    So yes I don’t have a dog in this fight but I will not miss this series it will be great with Houston and the Nationals with there first trip to the big dance.
    Oh a side note glad the Nationals did this without Bruce Harper who just chased the big $$$$$$. Being baseball os a true team sport.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Yeah, I am a lifelong Cubs fan, so I don't have a particular rooting interest, either. I'll go for the National League, though.

I'm pretty excited to see the starting pitching matchups. Cole, Verlander, Greinke, Scherzer, Strasburg, and Corbin were all six in the top 13 pitchers in baseball this year by fWAR.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I also do not have a dog in this fight. As a disappointed Braves fan, I knew this year was not our year. . . again. With that being said. Over the past couple years when I go to DC I always catch a Nationals game if they are home. I like the park and it is always a good time. I am pulling for the Nationals on this one.

JamesV

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 13, 2015
    The Region
    Met's fan here, same thing no dog in the fight but def have to agree with SandW above about Washington doing it without Harper. Also what CJ said about the pitching, might just watch for that alone.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Oh a side note glad the Nationals did this without Bruce Harper who just chased the big $$$$$$. Being baseball os a true team sport.

I don't begrudge Harper at all for getting the monster paycheck while he can. There's big, big money flowing into the teams, and I for one am very happy to have the players get paid for the entertainment they provide.

How many of us here wouldn't change jobs if a headhunter came offering a big raise?

Last edited:

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I don't begrudge Harper at all for getting the monster paycheck while he can. There's big, big money flowing into the teams, and I for other am very happy to have the players get paid for the entertainment they provide.

How many of us here wouldn't change jobs if a headhunter came offering a big raise?

The man gets $156,000 per game plus can earn just under $1 million a year in bonus'. For that kind of money I would even wear a Cubs hat. :):

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Reds fan. They’re kinda our home team, used to leave work with my brother early to drive over to home games. I’d prefer the astros get it, but don’t really care either way honestly. I’ll watch it because I love sports, except soccer, but I’m not gonna be disappointed with whatever the outcome.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    2 - 2 in the top of the 4th inning of game 1.

Cole has looked better than Scherzer, but the Nationals have managed to keep up.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    This has been one of the best baseball games I've watched in a long time.

It's a one-run game in the top of the 9th inning.

Steel and wood

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2016
    Tipton
    This is a great series. I would have never thought that each team would have been the winners at each other home turf. Hope it goes to 7th. game

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    This is a great series. I would have never thought that each team would have been the winners at each other home turf. Hope it goes to 7th. game

Not just a great series, but it has been four games that were each great games. Games 2 and 4 look like blowouts in retrospect, but they were both close into the 7th inning.

I'm excited to see it continue.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    If you're at all a sports fan, the drama is on now. It's a one-run game in the 5th inning of game 7. Winner take all.

Top Bottom