Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

User Info Menu

Anntenna TV re-scan issues

The Antenna TV frequencies of some stations changed yesterday (Friday), necessitating a re-scan. I did the scan yesterday several times, even adjusting the direction of the antenna 3-4 times, and still was not able to pick up about half of the channels I had before, including ABC, NBC, and PBS, and also some of the old re-run type stations like MeTV. Is anyone else having this problem, and if so, any ideas of how to fix it?

Quote Originally Posted by 04FXSTS View Post
    If God created anything better than dogs and S&W revolvers he kept it for his self.

User Info Menu

Had the same issues. I lost the local pbs but picked up Kentucky pbs. Moved the antenna a few times and rescanned this evening and all is well.
    "If you are mad as hell and aren't gonna take it anymore, grab your rifle and head outside. If you're the only one with a rifle screaming like a maniac, go back inside. It isn't time yet"

"I saw a movie once where only the police and military had guns. It was called Schindler's List."

User Info Menu

I rescanned and got all my old ones back and gained 2 more channels.

I thought the point of going to digital TV was that it released enough frequencies for future use and to not mess with antenna TV again.

Guess that was wrong...the gubermint sold off more frequencies again I guess. I wonder if it has anything to do with this new fangled whipper snapper 5G thang.

This website has some pre-packaged answers...

https://www.tvanswers.org/default.asp

This website shows what channels you can get with each type of antenna and how to aim the antenna.....

https://antennaweb.org/
    "May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." - Mal

Marksman

User Info Menu

Am bout 30 miles east of SB and also struggled initially with MeTV before noon, got everything squared away after couple more scans. You know in addition to not all antennas being created equally, the same applies to TV tuning circuits.

Expert

User Info Menu

Yes, the "repack" was done to free up spectrum for the cell companies.

Most of the stations in my market ( Louisville ) are running at reduced power on side mount antennas while work finishes up on the main antennas.
    For us, ( WDRB/WBKI ) we wont be at full power for at least another week.

I believe most of KET is on their top mount antennas now, so they should be stronger than before.

You have to understand, good tower crews are hard to come by these days, our crew has been working seven days a week for the last month to pull this off.

The governments timetable was very aggressive.

If you have an old antenna, it might have been designed to work best in the upper UHF band, all the stations are being repacked to lower frequency's so that may have an effect.

The upper channel in the band is now 35
    At home, you don't see the actual channel we are on, just the virtual channel I assign in the encoders.
    My stations went from 49 and 51 to 16 and 32.
    Last edited by woowoo2; 3 Weeks Ago at 06:25.

User Info Menu

Good info. Thanks. I get the Chicago stations, although I am also able to pull in a few South Bend stations. I'll do another scan today and see what happens.

If God created anything better than dogs and S&W revolvers he kept it for his self.

Expert

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Snapdragon View Post
    Good info. Thanks. I get the Chicago stations, although I am also able to pull in a few South Bend stations. I'll do another scan today and see what happens.
    What type of antenna are you using?
    Is there a pre amp in the system?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by woowoo2 View Post
    What type of antenna are you using?
    Is there a pre amp in the system?
    I've got this mounted on a 10-ft pole in the back yard. Was pulling in 69 stations before the frequency change. Now only getting about 30.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/RCA-Subur...-Mast/10828410

User Info Menu

I also gained a few channels I didn't have before, but they were home shopping network and public access, so I ended up "hiding" them anyway.

I live in an apartment complex so the signal is generally hit or miss depending on the day and weather conditions it seems.
    Well the sheriff couldn't catch me now, but his little girl? Sure wish she would.

Marksman

User Info Menu

My channel # dropped also so I did a full scan like I had cable and I got them back

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast