• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • putsjunior

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Suburma
    So, I have an 18 year old weather king gas furnace. Sometimes it works, sometimes it don’t. When it does work, it takes awhile to get going, but it does eventually come on. When it doesn’t work, it will start to fire up, but it takes a long time for the ignitor to turn on and then no gas will come out, which shuts the whole unit down. I’m assuming the gas valve is bad. I had to have the circuit board replaced a few years ago. Could that be the problem? It also makes a weird whining noise on start up but I can’t pin point exactly where that is coming from. I don’t want to buy a new unit because I plan on being out of here before summer.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Could be gas valve. Could be flame sensor. Could be inducer motor not being able to consistently keep the airflow switch closed. 18 years is a good run. May be time to start budgeting for a new unit.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You have ran its course. 18 years is a good run for any appliance.
    CP has covered it mostly.
    Without actually standing in front of the unit and doing a proper diagnosis it is impossible to say.
    But I would start getting some funds put back for the inevitable. If the outdoor unit is the same age you will need to upgrade both of them.

Suburma......interesting place to live.....:):

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    Does the control board have a diagnostic LED? Is it throwing any codes? I had a furnace with similar systems... the homeowners son had decided the end of the horizontal concentric vent was a good place to stick one of his small rubber orange cone from his soccer gear. There could be several causes, but it’s easier to check it out being in front of it versus a keyboard.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Does the control board have a diagnostic LED? Is it throwing any codes? I had a furnace with similar systems... the homeowners son had decided the end of the horizontal concentric vent was a good place to stick one of his small rubber orange cone from his soccer gear. There could be several causes, but it’s easier to check it out being in front of it versus a keyboard.

Come on Doc you can do it.......:):

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    There is usually a sticker on one or the furnace doors that tells what the codes are...

Weather King is a Raheem/Ruud brand. I believe Lee Supply carried them. Not sure about ChurchMouse, but I have been slammed following Summers doing repairs and change outs for a lot less than their quotes. I might have to send them a Christmas Card.....

Top Bottom