Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

User Info Menu

During my travels I have found several food joints that appear to be closing locations.

1. Joes Crabs Shack
    2. Culver’s
    3. Sonic
    4. Applebee’s
    5. IHOP
    U.S. Army retired

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Brad69 View Post
    During my travels I have found several food joints that appear to be closing locations.

1. Joes Crabs Shack
    2. Culver’s
    3. Sonic
    4. Applebee’s
    5. IHOP
    I'm surprised that your observations include Culver's; ours in Greenwood is pretty good, but I'm drawing this observation from a sample size of one. However, our Culver's experiences while traveling have been good, too.

It seems to me that SnS has been on a downhill slide for a few years. When Sardar Biglari took control of the corporation a few years ago, that might have very temporarily held off corporate death, but nature seems to again be taking its course.

User Info Menu

I know of two culver locations in Missouri that appeared to be open less than a year might just over expansion ?

I have only had it a few times seems better than your average fast food burger.
    U.S. Army retired

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Brad69 View Post
    I know of two culver locations in Missouri that appeared to be open less than a year might just over expansion ?

I have only had it a few times seems better than your average fast food burger.
    You might be right on the over expansion. I also agree that it seems better than the average. Not the greatest burger, but a good, consistent go-to.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DoggyDaddy View Post
    I actually had a good McD's burger the other day. Apparently they've started cooking to order the way Wendy's used to? I was in a hurry (normally I would pick Wendy's over McD's) and ordered a double quarter pounder with cheese and it was good! Hot, juicy (like Wendy's used to be), almost to the point where it was too hot to eat at first. I was impressed. And now they're offering it with bacon (haven't tried that version yet). I always get the Baconator at Wendy's, so now I have a second option.
    I believe that is only for the quarter Pounders and a few other select items like the bbq chicken strips. Everything else is made in batches. Or you got lucky.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Freeman View Post
    A confused cop is an arresty cop.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierdoc View Post
    also, where do we sign up to touch Frank's equipment?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MarkC View Post
    I'm surprised that your observations include Culver's; ours in Greenwood is pretty good, but I'm drawing this observation from a sample size of one. However, our Culver's experiences while traveling have been good, too.

It seems to me that SnS has been on a downhill slide for a few years. When Sardar Biglari took control of the corporation a few years ago, that might have very temporarily held off corporate death, but nature seems to again be taking its course.
    I used to love Culver's in the spring leading up to Resurrection.

They used to have a walleye meal that was awesome. The last time I ate there all they had was pasty cod for the same price.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 2A_Tom View Post
    I used to love Culver's in the spring leading up to Resurrection.

They used to have a walleye meal that was awesome. The last time I ate there all they had was pasty cod for the same price.
    Probably about the same time they did away with the grilled tenderloin. Can only get breaded there now.

On the other hand, yesterday I had their bacon cheeseburger on a pretzel bun with a bit of red onion, a seasonal thing. It was quite good.

User Info Menu

Agree on 5 guys being overrated. Wasn't bad, just wasn't all the hype, actually like Schoops better. At least the one in Crown Point.
    I loved that study about the drive thru lines about Chick Fil A too. Granted, I'd only my own stories, but I actually timed mine. Wendy's, sat for 2 songs, no movement, 6 cars ahead of me, again, no one moving. Went down the road, double line at CFA, people on the street outside waiting, parking lot was overflowing and people parked in the mall. They had employees with tablets taking orders outside in the freaking rain. Got through in less than 2 songs. Drove back by same Wendy's on the way home, car in front of me was finally at the pay window.
    Almost the same another time, although I went inside CFA. No seats, employees bringing food to tables. Line to the back of the store, and an employee giving water and snacks to those waiting in line. Yep, seriously, snacks, mainly for the kids. Looked at the watch and was still out in less than 10 minutes.
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.

This is my BOOMSTICK- Ash, Army of Darkness

Trust me, i KNOW what I'm doing- Sledge Hammer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CampingJosh View Post
    That's a stupid response to this thread. Idiot.
    Well there's a good "Christian" response. Nice.
    Stamp collecting is fun!

User Info Menu

It's not a Chick-fil-a, but there's a lady in one of the local drive throughs who tends to call me "honey" four to eight times in the process of taking my payment. She likely thinks she is being personable, but it comes off as patronizing.
    That's a stupid response to this thread. Idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by STFU View Post
    Well there's a good "Christian" response. Nice.
    Preserved for posterity.

I sure hope the guy he was referring to didn't get mad and quit INGO.

​Bullies suck. They also make you stronger.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast