• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Now I see why the left protests them so much.

My pastor's daughter has lived her whole life with heart issues. Now in her 30s she NEEDED a new heart. (she got as low as 25% function) With God's will, a compatible donor came up a couple weeks ago and now after a couple off and on periods she is doing amazing. She is on high doses of Prednisone, (a steroid) and one of the side effect can be extreme emotions and anger. Basically "roid rage". However, just like they say alcohol doesnt make you an a-hole, it just brings out the true you, it is doing the same for her. Well, lets just say she is the sweetest, kindest lady deep in her heart.

She is insisting on being obnoxiously thankful and praising God at every possible moment. She will tell her story to anyone who comes in and share the beauty of God, and often will ask her mom (our pastor) to pray over the person right then and there before they go. :): Some people are mean drunks, I would have to assume she would be a happy drunk.

As part of this "rage" she insisted that the family needed to buy lunch for the critical care staff as a thank you for all they have done, and called CFA herself to put in an order to feed the floor. And of course in her roid rage, she tells the manager why she is doing it and how wonderful they are for saving her life, and of course how God has watched over everyone during this time.

Her dad dutifully goes to the restaurant to pick up lunch, credit card in hand to pay the $200 bill. Can you believe what they had the nerve to do!?!?!

THEY WOULDNT LET HIM PAY AND INSISTED ON GIVING HIM THE FOOD FOR FREE!!!! I mean, the NERVE of some people! :):

The manager explained that they appreciated the gesture, and knowing it was the patient that wanted to do this and more importantly why, they insisted on giving it to the family for free because "Its what we do."

Amazing. All the way around.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Now I see why the left protests them so much.

My pastor's daughter has lived her whole life with heart issues. Now in her 30s she NEEDED a new heart. (she got as low as 25% function) With God's will, a compatible donor came up a couple weeks ago and now after a couple off and on periods she is doing amazing. She is on high doses of Prednisone, (a steroid) and one of the side effect can be extreme emotions and anger. Basically "roid rage". However, just like they say alcohol doesnt make you an a-hole, it just brings out the true you, it is doing the same for her. Well, lets just say she is the sweetest, kindest lady deep in her heart.

She is insisting on being obnoxiously thankful and praising God at every possible moment. She will tell her story to anyone who comes in and share the beauty of God, and often will ask her mom (our pastor) to pray over the person right then and there before they go. :): Some people are mean drunks, I would have to assume she would be a happy drunk.

As part of this "rage" she insisted that the family needed to buy lunch for the critical care staff as a thank you for all they have done, and called CFA herself to put in an order to feed the floor. And of course in her roid rage, she tells the manager why she is doing it and how wonderful they are for saving her life, and of course how God has watched over everyone during this time.

Her dad dutifully goes to the restaurant to pick up lunch, credit card in hand to pay the $200 bill. Can you believe what they had the nerve to do!?!?!

THEY WOULDNT LET HIM PAY AND INSISTED ON GIVING HIM THE FOOD FOR FREE!!!! I mean, the NERVE of some people! :):

The manager explained that they appreciated the gesture, and knowing it was the patient that wanted to do this and more importantly why, they insisted on giving it to the family for free because "Its what we do."

Amazing. All the way around.

Unbelieveable! I'm triggered by the outrage! :crying:

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    I have a friend that works at The Youth Opportunity Center in Muncie, every Friday the Muncie Chic-fil-A gives them a van load of sandwiches an fries on the cuff.
    And I mean a ****ing van load... Good people.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Jeez, I literally got goosebumps reading this, thank you! I agree and had a similar conversation about chikafila. I am glad things turned out well for her. It seems she really deserves a second go.:yesway:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    That’s awesome on many levels and the news should be informed of that. Is this local?

She's up at St V's, so I assume the one at 86th and Michigan. And speaking of them, Mayo clinic told her she wasnt eligible and not a good candidate for a transplant. (after botching an ablation procedure, making her worse off) Team at St V's said "Lets do it."

I have a friend that works at The Youth Opportunity Center in Muncie, every Friday the Muncie Chic-fil-A gives them a van load of sandwiches an fries on the cuff.
    And I mean a ****ing van load... Good people.

But but but Cathy dared to donate ONCE to a conversion therapy organization a decade or more ago, so we must burn the entire org at the stake and prevent them from employing anyone, serving tasty food, or heaven forbid treat customers right and help those in need. Listening to the rhetoric, you'd think all stores had a "no gays" sign posted.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Stories like this bring a tear to my eyes. Thank God society has these types left. Glad she found a heart also! Amazing story all around thank you for sharing!

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Honestly why can't more restaurants figure this formula out? Paying a decent wage, be good people and your business will thrive. Who isn't willing to spend and extra dollar or two for their meal if this is what it means?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Honestly why can't more restaurants figure this formula out? Paying a decent wage, be good people and your business will thrive. Who isn't willing to spend and extra dollar or two for their meal if this is what it means?

We drive by Chic filet in 2 different locations fairly often and the lots are full as are the dive through lanes. "FULL" every time we pass by.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    We drive by Chic filet in 2 different locations fairly often and the lots are full as are the dive through lanes. "FULL" every time we pass by.

Yea you could open a second right next door in most places and the second would still do more business than any other fast food place in the area.

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I recently sat in a CF and witnessed an older women mentor the 16 yo at shift end, and the love and camaraderie were unbelievable if you did not see it first hand.

May God continue to bless them as he uses them to bless others...

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    My mother works at Chik-Fil-A. She had a customer call in and complain that she was being too personable. I‘m not kidding.

It's not a Chick-fil-a, but there's a lady in one of the local drive throughs who tends to call me "honey" four to eight times in the process of taking my payment. She likely thinks she is being personable, but it comes off as patronizing.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Thanks for sharing that story.

I have a couple of friends, one the owner and the other a manager of the Chick-fil-A in Westfield. Their staff ranks among the most friendly and helpful people, as well as like you describe. If you don't mind I would like to pass your story to them to further their knowledge that they work for one great corporation.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    It's not a Chick-fil-a, but there's a lady in one of the local drive throughs who tends to call me "honey" four to eight times in the process of taking my payment. She likely thinks she is being personable, but it comes off as patronizing.

That's a stupid response to this thread. Idiot.

Good on CFA for caring for employees, customers, and people in general.

Top Bottom