• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    ~5lb box, 17x17x19, $90 to ship from UPS?!

Just some kid gifts for a soon to be parent. I've never been charged that much to ship anything. Are the shipping companies just making up their Amazon losses with those of us who ship a handful of items per year? How do people ship anything semi large anymore?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    ~5lb box, 17x17x19, $90 to ship from UPS?!

Just some kid gifts for a soon to be parent. I've never been charged that much to ship anything. Are the shipping companies just making up their Amazon losses with those of us who ship a handful of items per year? How do people ship anything semi large anymore?

Yes. One-offs are EXPENSIVE. If you have an account, its far cheaper. (via ebay, paypal, etc) I'd estimate my shipper account at work would have cost $25 for that box. (high volume daily shipments)

And the bulk gets you more than the weight I've found.

DCR

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    On several occasions over the last 5 years or so, I've attempted to buy something online and refused since the shipping cost more than the item.

For outgoing I usually use the PO prepaid box, even if the box is way bigger than what I'm sending, it's cheaper than UPS.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    Was that Ground or a 2DA/1DA product? Seems very very high for Ground in my experience.

As mentioned, you can sign up for a UPS account online and print your own label and save buku bucks shipping.

You can always ship USPS Priority and save a few bucks, too...also cheaper if you sign up for an account and print your own label.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I recently shipped a firearm to Maine, it was $33 and some change thru USPS and most of that cost was insurance. I used one of the “if it fits it ships” boxes from the post office. And yes, I’m an FFL.

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Was that Ground or a 2DA/1DA product? Seems very very high for Ground in my experience.

As mentioned, you can sign up for a UPS account online and print your own label and save buku bucks shipping.

You can always ship USPS Priority and save a few bucks, too...also cheaper if you sign up for an account and print your own label.

Simple ground service. I just plugged it into usps and it still came back around $65. I suppose i just need to do some more investigation on shipping largish boxes. I do typically go USPS flat rate but this was a big fluffy item and some other newborn items.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Simple ground service. I just plugged it into usps and it still came back around $65. I suppose i just need to do some more investigation on shipping largish boxes. I do typically go USPS flat rate but this was a big fluffy item and some other newborn items.
    Curious. What are the to/from zips? I'll see what it costs me with my account. Now I'm curious.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    $80 ground with my tool.

But it appears its distance more than anything. Only cost $30 to get the same box to St Louis, MO.

Top Bottom