• ...and so much more!
  • snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    The owner of Meeks Guns retired and the store inventory is to be auctioned November 2nd & 3rd. Sohn Auctions will run it at the 4-H grounds. I have no affiliation with the event or company, just spreading the word on a 600+ gun auction.info below.

https://www.sohnandassociates.com/u..._id=5242&id=162770&feed_type=200&es_cfid=8190

Huge Public 2 Day Retirement Auction of Meeks Guns; Plus Many Firearms From His Personal Collection!
    600+ FIREARMS, THOUSANDS OF GUN ACCESSORIES, OPTICS, RELOADING EQUIP, ARCHERY EQUIP, KNIVES, TAXIDERMY, GUN SHOP FIXTURES & MORE!​
    Auction Dates:
    Day 1- Saturday November 2nd Starting at 9:00 AM​
    Day 2- Sunday November 3rd Starting at 9:00 AM

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Signed up and placed a few bids. Figure throw down my max bid as I always do on GB and let it ride.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Well I slogged through the list of 1,500 lots for the 2 days. No guns jumped out as there is little new I want. And NIB modern guns tend to sell for about what you could get them for online. Sohn & Associates normally sells non-firearm stuff at silent auction during the live auction, Since they are lumping everything into the live auction, the ammo and accessories lots will likely go both ways. Used to be they would do ammo and accessories at the end and if you toughed it out you could get some good bargains. Lots of people leave when the guns are gone. Another positive is with that many lots, they are not going to drage bidding out much.

I am undecided about attending. I may tough it out and try Saturday but (cue old man voice) my sciatica has been acting up and I don't know if I can take sitting in a folding chair for 7-8 hours. Sunday will be shorter but the machine gun pumpkin shoot at Redbrush is happening as well.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    . Sunday will be shorter but the machine gun pumpkin shoot at Redbrush is happening as well.

the 2 lots im interested in are on sunday (sig p365 xl's) but I plan on going to the pumpkin shoot, so looks like I wont be going to the auction

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    What time is the shoot? Brent told me but I forget. For the Sigs, why not leave a bid?

I went through the lists again. On day 1 there are 3-5 lots of ammo I would buy if reasonable and a couple lots of mags. Two guns as well but only if they are deals. kinda duplicates for me. Day 2 same, couple guns but won't go crazy for them.

I think I'll sit through day 1 of the auction, it should be interesting. And, depending on how prices trend, day 2 as well.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Shoot starts at noon, I should probably skip the auction, 9 sigs in the collection is probably enough!

dwh79

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    Wanamaker/ Acton
    Placed few max bids. My wife hopes I lose. It will be interesting to see. Not sure what the shipping would cost and transfer fee. Didn’t see it listed if you could drive down and pick up to avoid shipping cost and pay just their transfer fee.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Got 3 items left with bids. I stayed away from the guns and went to the reloading suppplies and firearm accessories. Started with 9 items.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Just got back from the preview. There are +/-250 lots of silent auction stuff as well. Tons more ammo, mags and reloading supplies. It's in the main 4-H building and the tables cover more space than the gun show they have there.

I gave up looking at the silent auction stuff and about all the guns and accessories on the live auction are NIB so the preview took little time. It will be a long day tomorrow and Sunday.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    So ended up winning a lot of 2 new Ruger LC9/EC9 9rd and 7rd mags for $40, and a Tagua 4 way leather thumb break holster for a S&W 6906 for $10.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom