What Is A Sterling Silver Belt Buckel Worth?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I am interested in a early 60's sterling silver belt buckle. I have no idea what it may be worth. It is a dated item so The year is established. It is an oval about 5.5 inches long by a little under 4 inches. It has the maker marked on it as well as "STERLING" with a R right below it. I do not know the weight and do not want to ask and put that in the sellers mind. The maker is long out of business.

Any idea on value? Any idea how to get a reasonable idea value? Not trying to steal it just don't want to lose a bunch on it. If the silver value is decent it would help over the long run. Not sure if there is much market for old rodeo buckles.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I am interested in a early 60's sterling silver belt buckle. I have no idea what it may be worth. It is a dated item so The year is established. It is an oval about 5.5 inches long by a little under 4 inches. It has the maker marked on it as well as "STERLING" with a R right below it. I do not know the weight and do not want to ask and put that in the sellers mind. The maker is long out of business.

Any idea on value? Any idea how to get a reasonable idea value? Not trying to steal it just don't want to lose a bunch on it. If the silver value is decent it would help over the long run. Not sure if there is much market for old rodeo buckles.

Can't help you on the value of the buckle but keep in mind sterling silver is only 92.5% silver.

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills

That is kind if like asking “what is the value of a gun?” Without more info, it’s pretty much impossible to answer.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    That is kind if like asking “what is the value of a gun?” Without more info, it’s pretty much impossible to answer.

I get it. There is nothing like this I can find online, very unique piece. I would expect that most of them from that era were worn by the winner and worn out.

amafrank

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Hagerstown
    Its worth spot value x .925 minus fees to someone who will buy scrap sterling. As a buckle its worth whatever you can get someone to pay you. Like the others said it needs more info and maybe some pictures. Also knowing who made it can help. Some guys who make buckles have a good name and a loyal following so their stuff brings more money. I used to make southwestern style jewelry out west and in the 70s we could bring it out here to the east and make a ton of money on it. Out west not so much. In the current market more people are interested in collectibles and toys so its tough to sell handmade stuff unless it has a pedigree. Rodeo buckles can be had for spot value at pawn shops out west too so that will affect value.

Frank

Hope that isn't too discouraging.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    You should probably do a hands on inspection and get an idea of the weight. Another thing that's usually overlooked is the smell test. Put the buckle in your hand, lift it up to your nose. You may have to put your nose right on it. Now does it smell like it's been peed on?

Top Bottom