• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I was never any sort of shopper at any of the variety/discount/liquidation type stores, until the original Bulldog opened in my beat several years ago. I used to stop in every few days just to see what kinds of treasures they had today, and I happily made some solid purchases over the years. Some of my best purchases to date have been a pair of stand up paddle boards for $80 total, and a large Pit Boss ceramic grill (BGE equivalent) for $300. Bulldog has opened at least 5 other locations that I know of over the last couple years and I stop in whenever I see one and have a few extra minutes. Today I popped-in the one on W. 38th Street and scored a set of Weather Tech floor mats for my truck for 29 bux! This place is like Forest Gump's box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get!

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    The Greenwood store is a few miles from my house - in the old HH Gregg building.

My 2nd trip in there I scored a 10pc Wustoff Classic knife set for $79. THAT is a score.

The GW store also often has water heaters, and furnaces. If a guy knows what he's looking at -can probably score a good deal.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I liked it until 'the change'. Now, at 38th street, they put stuff in a separate part of the store. You can look and bid on line. It's in the store. Sell it.

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Our office manager does a lot of shopping there and at Barton’s on Hillside. Most of our soap, lotion, dish and laundry detergent, paper plates, office supplies, cleaning wipes and supplies come from the discount stores. She said that Barton’s is super clean and organized.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The Greenwood store is a few miles from my house - in the old HH Gregg building.

My 2nd trip in there I scored a 10pc Wustoff Classic knife set for $79. THAT is a score.

The GW store also often has water heaters, and furnaces. If a guy knows what he's looking at -can probably score a good deal.

I stopped in that store when they first opened. Maybe they've improved since then, but what I saw was a totally disorganized pile of crap on pallets... merchandise on shelves covered in dust like they literally pulled it out of grandpa's garage where it had been sitting for years. Maybe I will give it another look, but I was overwhelmingly unimpressed. Kind of like Big Lots, except after looters had gone through it and thrown everything all over the place.

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    looted is a good way to describe it, especially on mondays and tuesdays. They put pallets and bins out and it's a flat price for everything, first come, first serve. It can be a circus.....

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    looted is a good way to describe it, especially on mondays and tuesdays. They put pallets and bins out and it's a flat price for everything, first come, first serve. It can be a circus.....

I'm on vacation this week. Maybe I'll give it another try tomorrow or Tuesday. In all fairness, I think they'd only been open a week or two the first time I went, so maybe that was part of the problem.

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Today’s score: $80

maNFGRZ.jpg

Top Bottom