Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 187

Thread: Needing a new desktop PC, suggestions?

  1. #101
    Midnight Rider

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheriff Dave View Post
    I sent the OP a link to the same unit I bought for 125, for most people it is more then should be needed for a few years.
    Any reason we all cannot see Sherriff Dave? I'd like to check out this very affordable unit also.

    Got a link?
    -----------------------------------------------
    Done, done, and I’m on to the next one...
    -----------------------------------------------

  2. #102
    Expert jkaetz's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by rkwhyte2 View Post
    Nice system but it has Win 10 Home for the OS.
    Good point, but this will be most systems unless you go business class. I never think about it as we have an enterprise license I can use from work.

  3. #103
    Master CHCRandy's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by churchmouse View Post
    Sent to CH.

    Thanks.
    Thank You CM! Appreciate it my friend.

  4. #104
    Master CHCRandy's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Can someone tell me how to find out what this PC I am using now has in it? When I bought it from Dell I am pretty sure I bought the cheapest they had. Maybe if I tell you guys what I have now....it would kind of tell you what I need. This pc is fine, it is just slow when I have several windows running with real time tickers and data streaming. It works, I can just tell it slows it down and sometimes causes certain windows to freeze for a moment. Not sure if it will slow it down more or not with additional monitors.

    My main thing is I want to be faster, 2 monitors and possibly 3 or 4 in the future.

    Man you guys sure have some awesome knowledge of this stuff....so much of what you guys are talking is way over my head though, lol.

  5. #105
    I still care....Really
    churchmouse's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by CHCRandy View Post
    Can someone tell me how to find out what this PC I am using now has in it? When I bought it from Dell I am pretty sure I bought the cheapest they had. Maybe if I tell you guys what I have now....it would kind of tell you what I need. This pc is fine, it is just slow when I have several windows running with real time tickers and data streaming. It works, I can just tell it slows it down and sometimes causes certain windows to freeze for a moment. Not sure if it will slow it down more or not with additional monitors.

    My main thing is I want to be faster, 2 monitors and possibly 3 or 4 in the future.

    Man you guys sure have some awesome knowledge of this stuff....so much of what you guys are talking is way over my head though, lol.
    If this is your future needs you will need to turn up the wick on your budget my friend. I think that is the message that has been shared by those who actually know whats what.

    When I bought the Refurb I am now using I looked at the bargain priced crap boxes. hose that I asked about this steered me to he site I linked to you and the unit I bought was cleared by them. This damn thing has voice control/touch screen...……

    And W-10...…….
    If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldn’t

    Forum Rules

    Classified Rules

    FAQ

    http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

  6. #106
    Master Jludo's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by CHCRandy View Post
    Can someone tell me how to find out what this PC I am using now has in it? When I bought it from Dell I am pretty sure I bought the cheapest they had. Maybe if I tell you guys what I have now....it would kind of tell you what I need. This pc is fine, it is just slow when I have several windows running with real time tickers and data streaming. It works, I can just tell it slows it down and sometimes causes certain windows to freeze for a moment. Not sure if it will slow it down more or not with additional monitors.

    My main thing is I want to be faster, 2 monitors and possibly 3 or 4 in the future.

    Man you guys sure have some awesome knowledge of this stuff....so much of what you guys are talking is way over my head though, lol.
    Do you know what operating system are you using?

    You can see if you're hosing any particular component by hitting ctrl-alt-del thenTask manager, then there should be a tab like resource manager that will show you a graph of your % cpu usage, ram usage etc. If any of those are running around 100% you've likely found your culprit.

    A lot of times if you just back up your data and reinstall a fresh copy of your operating system you get better performance. A lot of times when people have slowness issues it's because they've got so mutch bloatware/crap on their pc that's hogging all the resources. Buying a new pc is easier but might not be necessary if you're willing to try a fresh install yourself.

  7. #107
    Master CHCRandy's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by churchmouse View Post
    If this is your future needs you will need to turn up the wick on your budget my friend. I think that is the message that has been shared by those who actually know whats what.

    When I bought the Refurb I am now using I looked at the bargain priced crap boxes. hose that I asked about this steered me to he site I linked to you and the unit I bought was cleared by them. This damn thing has voice control/touch screen...……

    And W-10...…….
    Yeah, think I will get a real machine this time myself....I am even liking this water cooled stuff. Wonder if I can get a beer tap on it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jludo View Post
    Do you know what operating system are you using?

    You can see if you're hosing any particular component by hitting ctrl-alt-del thenTask manager, then there should be a tab like resource manager that will show you a graph of your % cpu usage, ram usage etc. If any of those are running around 100% you've likely found your culprit.

    A lot of times if you just back up your data and reinstall a fresh copy of your operating system you get better performance. A lot of times when people have slowness issues it's because they've got so mutch bloatware/crap on their pc that's hogging all the resources. Buying a new pc is easier but might not be necessary if you're willing to try a fresh install yourself.
    I think I found it by using windows-r......it says AMD A8-7410 APU with AMD Radeon R5, 2200 Mhz 4 core, 8GB of Ram. Is that like ancient?

  8. #108
    Expert jkaetz's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by CHCRandy View Post
    Yeah, think I will get a real machine this time myself....I am even liking this water cooled stuff. Wonder if I can get a beer tap on it?



    I think I found it by using windows-r......it says AMD A8-7410 APU with AMD Radeon R5, 2200 Mhz 4 core, 8GB of Ram. Is that like ancient?
    It's a bargain laptop processor. Not surprised that it chuggs when you push it. https://laptoping.com/cpus/product/amd-a8-7410/. Note that the i7 processors at the top are from about 6 years ago.

  9. #109
    Master Jludo's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Not ancient, if I were to speculate I would guess the performance issues are more software related than hardware.
    I can't tell for sure without looking like it but it sounds like a fresh operating system install would definitely help if you didn't want to spend any money. It would get you back to nearly the performance level you saw when your pc was new. However buying a new system will for sure be noticeably faster than even the best you could hope wiping your old pc.

  10. #110
    Grandmaster IndyBeerman's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Cameramonkey View Post
    I disagree with Nono. You can futureproof somewhat, but it requires some upfront investment.

    14 years ago, I used to do a LOT of gaming. FPSs that required LOTS of CPU and expensive graphics cards. I "bought once, cried once" and bought the second fastest Core i7 CPU I could. (only because the difference between 3rd and second was 20% and 2nd and 1st was 120% increase in cost) Due to several factors (mainly changes to the games that turned me off if it) I quit gaming and just used the PC for surfing the web.

    I finally retired that PC last year because the motherboard finally died. It was still running strong even though I went from windows 7 to 10. Still cheaper than buying a new "good enough" PC every 3-4 years.

    Correction: I bought the PC 16 years ago. It was when Battlefield 1942 came out in 2002.
    Battlefield 1942 is the reason dumped video games and went online.

    I wish they would really come out with an updated version to run on Win10, I loved running around in a Sherman slaying Tigers and Panzers.

    Don't be that Richard, nobody likes a smart ass Richard, there's way more than we need here.


    Trump reaffirms my decision everyday voting for him as President and my
    reason for voting for him again in 2020.



    Member#630, geez I've been here a while.

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •