Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kutnupe14 View Post
    Neither did I. They simply updated the story. The bad guys are Islamists, instead of Soviets. Ryan speaks Arabic instead of Russian. I imagine Greer was made to be Muslim, as to not paint all Muslims as bad guys, to avoid a backlash. I think the show is pretty dang good. Well written, lots of action, and the production seems to give a nod to real tactics.
    Except for ACOGS on carry handles and finger grip face lowers from supposed CIA SAD guys? The armorer on this one gets a fail.

User Info Menu

Finished with Season 2 last night and overall I enjoyed it. While I agree with many of the things others have said here I watch shows like this for the entertainment. So I'm with KJQ bring on season 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by churchmouse View Post
    Well....uh.......I got nothing man.
    The Constitution: It doesn’t need to be rewritten; it needs to be reread.
    INGO # 23,621

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by avboiler11 View Post
    Haven’t seen the series, but Ford did Jack Ryan’s “reluctant action” extremely well.

Seeing the promo of him with the rifle out a helicopter bugs me knowing how canon says Ryan is terrified of helicopters.

I always wanted a Red Storm Rising movie (or mini-series!), but it’d be updated to 2020 and totally suck.
    Maybe a minor point. But tis not helicopters Ryan is terrified of. Its ALL aircraft... He was almost killed in a helicopter crash. In the books, I believe it was an accident. In this series its a a muslim kid who pos a grenade while being evacuated...

User Info Menu

I'm not even going to read any of this thread until I'm done with the season, but the first episode didn't really grab me at all. Hopefully it picks up the pace, which I'm sure it will.
    Medium speed. Moderate drag.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    I'm not even going to read any of this thread until I'm done with the season, but the first episode didn't really grab me at all. Hopefully it picks up the pace, which I'm sure it will.
    Yeah the first episode was slow, but it does pick up.
    I Have the Worst Crew Ever

User Info Menu

I didn't even finish Episode 8 of Season 2. It was ropey before that, but there was just too much suspension of disbelief for me to buy that writing. If you're going to use Clancy's name and universe, you need to do a better job than that.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by OakRiver View Post
    I didn't even finish Episode 8 of Season 2. It was ropey before that, but there was just too much suspension of disbelief for me to buy that writing. If you're going to use Clancy's name and universe, you need to do a better job than that.
    Meh, he's passed on... his estate, I'm sure, is happy to profit off his name.
    I Have the Worst Crew Ever

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kutnupe14 View Post
    Meh, he's passed on... his estate, I'm sure, is happy to profit off his name.
    That is quite true, I'm sure.

KLB

User Info Menu

It's funny that a lot of the complaints about Jack Ryan can also be said about what they did with the Jason Bourne series.
    They shouldn't just drop a hellfire missile on your café experience...Rand Paul

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    That is quite true, I'm sure.
    I don't doubt that the estate is happy getting money for the writers flogging Clancy's name

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast