Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8
Results 71 to 78 of 78
  1. #71
    Grandmaster Vigilant's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by OakRiver View Post
    That's where the series lost me. Spoilers follow.




    - Greer couldn't finish walking home in Russia without collapsing and being hospitalized. Later he couldn't run down half a street without being incapacitated by his illness. Later, after being captured and tortured, he is able to beat down and kill a guard with a fork, wrestle with another, shoot the Chief of Security, and take part in the palace assault after praying. Speaking of...
    - The palace assault was just terribly written. The President declares martial law, has troops at the palace on guard, and fending off rioters - but no one on the roof to monitor the crowd, who would also notice the Black Hawk helicopter landing on the roof. The rest of that plot piece was just stock Hollywood, down to the confrontation with the President that never had you doubting the outcome
    - The safe house exfil scene. As if the car, with the cliched "engine won't start at an inconvenient time" nonsense was not bad enough, we see Ryan and November hide behind the rear doors of the car as an APC lights up the area where they are hiding with a belt fed weapon. Ryan and November magically appear from behind the swiss cheesed door and wipe out the APC with a LAW. Then the, now well ventilated, car, which stopped working so the APC could roll up on it, drives off. I'm sure that no one wold have noticed the dozens of bullet holes in it as they drove to the rally point
    - Uber. Not only did we have the cliched "brought back in after quitting" storyline, but he disobeyed an order to stay with the boat, got lost - prompting a rescue mission and the death of Jeff/Garth. He then gets lost and has his rifle, and GPS locator, stolen by a kid. Next thing he becomes a super soldier. In spite of having no equipment, no food or water, he is able to infiltrate a political prisoner camp undetected, but comes across the satellite receiver just in the nick of time, and then hangs with the SAD guys
    - So Gloria Bonalde has police units sent to her by the President, but rather than curtail her movement or otherwise inconvenience her, they salute her at the end. This is the same President who had no problem sending goons in to kill 12 people in his old neighborhood, murder a family, assassinate a US Senator, slit the throat of his best friend, and order political prisoners to be executed. Seems his mercy was seriously out of character for him. What makes it more unbelieveable is that the guy who Greer had train Bonalde's staff was the traitor, who had no problem killing the police captain who lead the Senator into the ambush, or betrayed the SAD guys. Nope, I guess he suddenly developed a conscience around Gloria.
    - The prison camp. All the guards went missing? They executed prisoners a building by the entry, left the blood on the walls, but moved the bodies? And when Ryan asks about 'The American' none of the prisoners who were there and spoke with Greer, or the guards who watched Greer, thought that they meant him.
    - Jeff/Garth: waste of a perfectly good character who had the hallmarks of becoming this universe's John Clark
    - Harry the Obvious Spy
    - Ironman Max, who ran off after being stabbed in the eye and being stabbed multiple times in the leg
    - The Senator reveal. That was the straw that broke the camel's back

    Madman Max was still channeling the Man with no Face.

  2. #72
    Grandmaster OakRiver's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilant View Post
    Madman Max was still channeling the Man with no Face.
    The writers were challenging The Men With No Original Ideas

  3. #73
    Master Hawkeye's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by OakRiver View Post
    That's where the series lost me. Spoilers follow.




    - Greer couldn't finish walking home in Russia without collapsing and being hospitalized. Later he couldn't run down half a street without being incapacitated by his illness. Later, after being captured and tortured, he is able to beat down and kill a guard with a fork, wrestle with another, shoot the Chief of Security, and take part in the palace assault after praying. Speaking of...
    - The palace assault was just terribly written. The President declares martial law, has troops at the palace on guard, and fending off rioters - but no one on the roof to monitor the crowd, who would also notice the Black Hawk helicopter landing on the roof. The rest of that plot piece was just stock Hollywood, down to the confrontation with the President that never had you doubting the outcome
    - The safe house exfil scene. As if the car, with the cliched "engine won't start at an inconvenient time" nonsense was not bad enough, we see Ryan and November hide behind the rear doors of the car as an APC lights up the area where they are hiding with a belt fed weapon. Ryan and November magically appear from behind the swiss cheesed door and wipe out the APC with a LAW. Then the, now well ventilated, car, which stopped working so the APC could roll up on it, drives off. I'm sure that no one wold have noticed the dozens of bullet holes in it as they drove to the rally point
    - Uber. Not only did we have the cliched "brought back in after quitting" storyline, but he disobeyed an order to stay with the boat, got lost - prompting a rescue mission and the death of Jeff/Garth. He then gets lost and has his rifle, and GPS locator, stolen by a kid. Next thing he becomes a super soldier. In spite of having no equipment, no food or water, he is able to infiltrate a political prisoner camp undetected, but comes across the satellite receiver just in the nick of time, and then hangs with the SAD guys
    - So Gloria Bonalde has police units sent to her by the President, but rather than curtail her movement or otherwise inconvenience her, they salute her at the end. This is the same President who had no problem sending goons in to kill 12 people in his old neighborhood, murder a family, assassinate a US Senator, slit the throat of his best friend, and order political prisoners to be executed. Seems his mercy was seriously out of character for him. What makes it more unbelieveable is that the guy who Greer had train Bonalde's staff was the traitor, who had no problem killing the police captain who lead the Senator into the ambush, or betrayed the SAD guys. Nope, I guess he suddenly developed a conscience around Gloria.
    - The prison camp. All the guards went missing? They executed prisoners a building by the entry, left the blood on the walls, but moved the bodies? And when Ryan asks about 'The American' none of the prisoners who were there and spoke with Greer, or the guards who watched Greer, thought that they meant him.
    - Jeff/Garth: waste of a perfectly good character who had the hallmarks of becoming this universe's John Clark
    - Harry the Obvious Spy
    - Ironman Max, who ran off after being stabbed in the eye and being stabbed multiple times in the leg
    - The Senator reveal. That was the straw that broke the camel's back

    So, Oakriver, I take it you didn't like season 2?

  4. #74
    Grandmaster HoughMade's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    I think I enjoyed Season 2 more because Cristina Umana.
    ...She was a high point...not as high a point as when I was younger, but still over 90 degrees.
    ​Bullies suck. They also make you stronger.

  5. #75
    Grandmaster jamil's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    He makes some good points. But how that affects peopleís enjoyment will vary.

    Max was a disappointment but I think Uber was a bigger disappointment. They took a lot of time establishing his character and then they ****ed it up. My guess is that some story lines were more important to them than to be consistent with the character they had developed. The writers just lacked the imagination to weave that into the rest of the story.

    Another problem that was annoying, the plot twists seemed contrived. They made no sense. If you have a plot twist, it better have some subtle hints or itís just twisting the plot for the sake of fake suspense. The best written plot twists have you thinking, oh yeah, I totally over looked those subtle clues. November didnít have anything.

    The Senator kinda did. But it wasnít well enough developed. It seemed more like they finished the script and some bean counter told they didnít have enough plot twists. So they wedged one in there, and backfilled the **** about Pennsylvania.


    But I just shrug those things off and suspend disbelief and let myself enjoy the stuff thatís entertaining. Hell, I didnít even think Greer was all that bad. Lots of inconsistencies with his character. Acting wasnít stellar, but I think the writing was far worse.
    I have spoken.
    If youíre woke you dig it.
    My pronouns: **** off

  6. #76
    Grandmaster Kutnupe14's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Yep, done with this thread....
    noting the title does say "SPOILERS"
    I Have the Worst Crew Ever

  7. #77
    Grandmaster OakRiver's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    So, Oakriver, I take it you didn't like season 2?
    Nope. I might go back and read the books instead.


    Quote Originally Posted by jamil View Post
    He makes some good points. But how that affects peopleís enjoyment will vary.

    Max was a disappointment but I think Uber was a bigger disappointment. They took a lot of time establishing his character and then they ****ed it up. My guess is that some story lines were more important to them than to be consistent with the character they had developed. The writers just lacked the imagination to weave that into the rest of the story.

    Another problem that was annoying, the plot twists seemed contrived. They made no sense. If you have a plot twist, it better have some subtle hints or itís just twisting the plot for the sake of fake suspense. The best written plot twists have you thinking, oh yeah, I totally over looked those subtle clues. November didnít have anything.

    The Senator kinda did. But it wasnít well enough developed. It seemed more like they finished the script and some bean counter told they didnít have enough plot twists. So they wedged one in there, and backfilled the **** about Pennsylvania.

    But I just shrug those things off and suspend disbelief and let myself enjoy the stuff thatís entertaining. Hell, I didnít even think Greer was all that bad. Lots of inconsistencies with his character. Acting wasnít stellar, but I think the writing was far worse.
    The sudden plot twists don't add anything to the intrigue or suspense you expect from an espionage setting, instead its the equivalent of jump scares in horror movies.

  8. #78
    Ark
    Ark is offline
    Sharpshooter Ark's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by OakRiver View Post
    That's where the series lost me. Spoilers follow.




    - Greer couldn't finish walking home in Russia without collapsing and being hospitalized. Later he couldn't run down half a street without being incapacitated by his illness. Later, after being captured and tortured, he is able to beat down and kill a guard with a fork, wrestle with another, shoot the Chief of Security, and take part in the palace assault after praying. Speaking of...
    - The palace assault was just terribly written. The President declares martial law, has troops at the palace on guard, and fending off rioters - but no one on the roof to monitor the crowd, who would also notice the Black Hawk helicopter landing on the roof. The rest of that plot piece was just stock Hollywood, down to the confrontation with the President that never had you doubting the outcome
    - The safe house exfil scene. As if the car, with the cliched "engine won't start at an inconvenient time" nonsense was not bad enough, we see Ryan and November hide behind the rear doors of the car as an APC lights up the area where they are hiding with a belt fed weapon. Ryan and November magically appear from behind the swiss cheesed door and wipe out the APC with a LAW. Then the, now well ventilated, car, which stopped working so the APC could roll up on it, drives off. I'm sure that no one wold have noticed the dozens of bullet holes in it as they drove to the rally point
    - Uber. Not only did we have the cliched "brought back in after quitting" storyline, but he disobeyed an order to stay with the boat, got lost - prompting a rescue mission and the death of Jeff/Garth. He then gets lost and has his rifle, and GPS locator, stolen by a kid. Next thing he becomes a super soldier. In spite of having no equipment, no food or water, he is able to infiltrate a political prisoner camp undetected, but comes across the satellite receiver just in the nick of time, and then hangs with the SAD guys
    - So Gloria Bonalde has police units sent to her by the President, but rather than curtail her movement or otherwise inconvenience her, they salute her at the end. This is the same President who had no problem sending goons in to kill 12 people in his old neighborhood, murder a family, assassinate a US Senator, slit the throat of his best friend, and order political prisoners to be executed. Seems his mercy was seriously out of character for him. What makes it more unbelieveable is that the guy who Greer had train Bonalde's staff was the traitor, who had no problem killing the police captain who lead the Senator into the ambush, or betrayed the SAD guys. Nope, I guess he suddenly developed a conscience around Gloria.
    - The prison camp. All the guards went missing? They executed prisoners a building by the entry, left the blood on the walls, but moved the bodies? And when Ryan asks about 'The American' none of the prisoners who were there and spoke with Greer, or the guards who watched Greer, thought that they meant him.
    - Jeff/Garth: waste of a perfectly good character who had the hallmarks of becoming this universe's John Clark
    - Harry the Obvious Spy
    - Ironman Max, who ran off after being stabbed in the eye and being stabbed multiple times in the leg
    - The Senator reveal. That was the straw that broke the camel's back

    Right there with you. The "wokeness" is way, ay down the list of reasons this season sucked and made no sense.


Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Button Dodge