Can anyone recommend a good FREE photo hosting site?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I know photobucket went to crap, tinypic is no more. I tried imgur but it confused the hell outta me and seems more related to social media than anything and I don't have any other social media accounts besides INGO. I'm not super tech savvy, photobucket was simple to use. Is there anything that is like photobucket out there that's free and easy to use? It's been years since I've tried to post pics and now I have a few guns I'd like to sell and it would be much easier I think with pics posted.

Thanks

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I use IMGBB. Don't even need an account. I upload my pic, copy then paste. Real simple using it from my phone.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I was going to recommend imgur. I find it much easier than photobucket was, although creating "albums" isn't real intuitive, so I can see how that part might be confusing compared to photobucket. But just for posting pics here, I love it. Take a pic, put it on my PC, go to imgur, Upload Images, and drag the pic from my PC over to imgur. Click on the pic (on imgur), click on BBC Code to copy the url, then paste it here (no need to use the "picture" icon at the top of the text box here).

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    If you want to email me the pics I'll post em on imgur so you can use them in your ad. If you give me first dibs on the guns.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I know photobucket went to crap, tinypic is no more. I tried imgur but it confused the hell outta me and seems more related to social media than anything and I don't have any other social media accounts besides INGO. I'm not super tech savvy, photobucket was simple to use. Is there anything that is like photobucket out there that's free and easy to use? It's been years since I've tried to post pics and now I have a few guns I'd like to sell and it would be much easier I think with pics posted.

Thanks

Are you using your phone or a laptop.....???

Go to this link. I is the easiest way I have seen explained...:)
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...stions/419843-photobucket-video-tutorial.html

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I was going to recommend imgur. I find it much easier than photobucket was, although creating "albums" isn't real intuitive, so I can see how that part might be confusing compared to photobucket. But just for posting pics here, I love it. Take a pic, put it on my PC, go to imgur, Upload Images, and drag the pic from my PC over to imgur. Click on the pic (on imgur), click on BBC Code to copy the url, then paste it here (no need to use the "picture" icon at the top of the text box here).

If you want to email me the pics I'll post em on imgur so you can use them in your ad. If you give me first dibs on the guns.

Maybe I'll give imgur another try too. To be honest I was in a crappy mood when I was trying to figure it out so I probably didn't give it a fair shake. Have had a couple surprise expenses that kinda shook me up that day. I'm over it now though but still could use the extra money so maybe a cooler head will prevail

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Maybe I'll give imgur another try too. To be honest I was in a crappy mood when I was trying to figure it out so I probably didn't give it a fair shake. Have had a couple surprise expenses that kinda shook me up that day. I'm over it now though but still could use the extra money so maybe a cooler head will prevail

Life my friend. Life. It happens...Post #6

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    If you take the pictures using your smartphone then the Taptalk forum reading app works great.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Are you using your phone or a laptop.....???

Go to this link. I is the easiest way I have seen explained...:)
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...stions/419843-photobucket-video-tutorial.html

Desktop computer usually for uploading photos. Don't have a laptop. Thanks for the link buddy. I tried the tutorial link at the top of the classifieds : https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ade_here/29929-posting_pictures_tutorial.html : and it says I don't have permission to view it.

We need to get together and pull some triggers or eat some burgers man, feels like a minute since I've seen you.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Desktop computer usually for uploading photos. Don't have a laptop. Thanks for the link buddy. I tried the tutorial link at the top of the classifieds : https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ade_here/29929-posting_pictures_tutorial.html : and it says I don't have permission to view it.

We need to get together and pull some triggers or eat some burgers man, feels like a minute since I've seen you.

It has far too long my friend. I trust life is letting you live it.....:)

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    postimages.org Free and easy. Upload your picture, copy the link that says "Hotlink for forums", and paste in your INGO text window.

You can also set up albums.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    [video=youtube_share;R5pbFEtYE8A]http://youtu.be/R5pbFEtYE8A[/video]

Thanks that actually helped a lot. It's easier to use with a phone I guess

Test pic

BIcRhzV

Top Bottom