Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

User Info Menu

It is odd that it took them so long. But, sometimes folks only audit orders a couple of times a year. Additionally, it doesn't sound like you even knew what you received? Since there is a bit a shared responsibility here, not enough $$$ to quibble about, and you really DID get what you wanted (but didn't really order and pay for), I'd just make it right and move on.
    Ryan "ElDirector"

Plinker

User Info Menu

I agree it is not professional, but $28 is not much to quibble over. I would go by their demeanor over the phone and if you plan to do future business with them. If they did a great job and were apologetic about asking for the 'extra' money and I would probably use them again in the future I would pay. I would also recommend a billing company to them too! :-)

User Info Menu

I think I would ask them how many refunds they've given out after this audit. That would likely weigh heavily on my decision.

I kind of fall in line with the others though that you don't go asking someone for money on an order that was completed 7 months ago. It could also very well fall into the scam bucket.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by churchmouse View Post
    OK. Here are my thoughts.

If I give you a price to install a new system in your home and we agree on that price I am bound to do the work ate "That Price" regardless.

If I forget or fail to do something extra we agreed on I am bound by that agreement (all of mine are handshakes) to do whatever is involved to make that happen regardless. That is how I see this.
    Once the price is set......do the work.

Not to seem dis-honest. Anything but. I have had this experience more than once when being "Too" busy and missing things when I get out a price. But I stood good for my word.

JMHO.
    I agree with CM.
    NRA Patron Life Member
    ​NRA GOLDEN EAGLE

DCR
    Marksman

User Info Menu

This reminded me of a story from the 70s. A big dept store in NY sold $11,000 in merchandise to a customer who lived in Saudi Arabia. The store couldn't quite make out the info on the receipt, so didn't know who to bill. Someone got the idea of sending the bill to every Saudi customer they had -- 7 of them -- the bill would be paid by whoever owed it, and they could apologize to the other six for the billing error. All 7 paid.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by churchmouse View Post
    OK. Here are my thoughts.

If I give you a price to install a new system in your home and we agree on that price I am bound to do the work ate "That Price" regardless.

If I forget or fail to do something extra we agreed on I am bound by that agreement (all of mine are handshakes) to do whatever is involved to make that happen regardless. That is how I see this.
    Once the price is set......do the work.

Not to seem dis-honest. Anything but. I have had this experience more than once when being "Too" busy and missing things when I get out a price. But I stood good for my word.

JMHO.
    I agree in general, but I am curious. Does this apply if you overestimate? Say you goofed $500.00 in your favor on a new system install. The same logic would have you complete the work and charge the full amount.

Like most here, I try to err on the good side. At an auction last weekend I went to check out and they had not included one lot of ammo I bought. The total was $160 light. I told them so and they straightened it out. I think it's karmic. Call out when the error is in your favor and when not, it will be resolved fairly as well.
    "If you are mad as hell and aren't gonna take it anymore, grab your rifle and head outside. If you're the only one with a rifle screaming like a maniac, go back inside. It isn't time yet"

"I saw a movie once where only the police and military had guns. It was called Schindler's List."

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by snorko View Post
    I agree in general, but I am curious. Does this apply if you overestimate? Say you goofed $500.00 in your favor on a new system install. The same logic would have you complete the work and charge the full amount.

Like most here, I try to err on the good side. At an auction last weekend I went to check out and they had not included one lot of ammo I bought. The total was $160 light. I told them so and they straightened it out. I think it's karmic. Call out when the error is in your favor and when not, it will be resolved fairly as well.
    That happened to me when I bought some .308 ammo from CM. Got home and had quite a bit more ammo than he thought he was selling me, so I called him and made good.

User Info Menu

Geez. I need to take some time off. I didn't even see an "ethics or morality" issue in the OP.
    ​Bullies suck. They also make you stronger.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mmpsteve View Post
    As a printer, I'd feel pretty silly trying to collect money 7 months later for, say, the folding we forgot to bill you; or the consecutive numbering on your form, or additional edits we did, etc ... It's just not done, by professionals. And why would they have to ask you if the add-ons were actually performed? Is it not on there work order? As a business, we use these types of situations as teaching moments for all employees, so we don't make the same mistake again.

Would I pay it? I don't know. Probably ... but it's just not professional.

Oh yeah, I've done that before and on the next order they will complain that the bill is higher than last time.

"Wait, it was $125 last year and it's $145 now why so high?"
    "Well, I forgot to charge for the numbering on the last order so you got that for free."
    "Can you still do it for $125?"
    :l
    Last edited by printcraft; 1 Week Ago at 12:13.
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinNFluff View Post
    At a family gathering, my sister was getting ready to leave. She walked up and gave me a hug and said "Your phone is poking me." I smiled and replied simply with "That's not my phone".
    Quote Originally Posted by Leggdpms View Post
    ...he said alright sir and shaked my hard and said he has respect...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow8088 View Post
    I cocked my head to the side a little and was admiring his piece.
    Quote Originally Posted by JettaKnight View Post
    And seriously, where are those testicles being served? I want to just shove a handful into my mouth.

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by snorko View Post

I never over estimate. If you compare my pricing with others I am always low bid with the same work (or better).

If I agree in a not exceed or under then yes but a bid/pricing is just that. If both party's agree then it is a done deal.

There have been some very well stated opinions on this. Can not argue with any of them.

AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast