Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

User Info Menu

Ethics and morality question

These are always fun.

I order a sail in early April and pay for it. It gets made and shipped in June.

today I got a call from the company saying they are auditing their orders and want to know if my sail got the window and the numbers on it. I say I think so but not sure on the numbers. They said I wasnít billed for that feature and wanted to confirm I got it and confirm credit card number so they can charge me the $75 dollars they forgot to.

I paid seven months ago. I paid what they charged me for what I said I wanted. I did not know they didnít charge me for the two extras. Should I cough up the $75?

edit: I did find an email about the numbers, was a $28 add on they wanted to charge me and wanted my approval to bill CC. The window was a feature I requested on initial request.
    Amazing Grace, how sweet was her sound.

Love them as if you'll lose them.

User Info Menu

I would probably pay the $28 and sleep easy tonight. Everyone makes mistakes and if they indeed delivered what you ordered, make it right. You may need another sail from them.
    "Oh yeah, life goes on, long after the thrill of living is gone"

User Info Menu

+1 to the above, I would make it right. I know not everyone else would do it, nor would all companies be fair in return, but I can only control me and how I behave.
    INGO - too small for a republic, too large for an insane asylum.

User Info Menu

Personally, I would pay it.

One of the things I inherited from my father was an exaggerated sense of honesty. There were times he was taken advantage of in small ways that irritated me. He always said it is better to be that way than cheat someone. Now that I am an adult he was right.

I bought some small items from Amazon a month ago, les than $20. Couple days after it arrived another package came with another order in it. Tried to contact the shipper without luck because it bothered me.

Don

Plinker

User Info Menu

Although I agree with the others and paying what you really owe, I would be very cautious in that this could be a scam. I assume this is from a smaller company that doesn't necessarily have an IT Security staff. It is possible that the entire order database was downloaded and scammers are contacting customers trying to have them hand out their credit card numbers. I certainly wouldn't give my card numbers out just because somebody phoned me, but rather return a call to the company through a published and verifiable phone number.
    --Rick

Sharpshooter

User Info Menu

The last comment about calling them back (ask for a number and then call the one off your records) before giving out a cc.

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

OK. Here are my thoughts.

If I give you a price to install a new system in your home and we agree on that price I am bound to do the work ate "That Price" regardless.

If I forget or fail to do something extra we agreed on I am bound by that agreement (all of mine are handshakes) to do whatever is involved to make that happen regardless. That is how I see this.
    Once the price is set......do the work.

Not to seem dis-honest. Anything but. I have had this experience more than once when being "Too" busy and missing things when I get out a price. But I stood good for my word.

JMHO.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

Expert

User Info Menu

As a printer, I'd feel pretty silly trying to collect money 7 months later for, say, the folding we forgot to bill you; or the consecutive numbering on your form, or additional edits we did, etc ... It's just not done, by professionals. And why would they have to ask you if the add-ons were actually performed? Is it not on there work order? As a business, we use these types of situations as teaching moments for all employees, so we don't make the same mistake again.

Would I pay it? I don't know. Probably ... but it's just not professional.

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mmpsteve View Post
    As a printer, I'd feel pretty silly trying to collect money 7 months later for, say, the folding we forgot to bill you; or the consecutive numbering on your form, or additional edits we did, etc ... It's just not done, by professionals. And why would they have to ask you if the add-ons were actually performed? Is it not on there work order? As a business, we use these types of situations as teaching moments for all employees, so we don't make the same mistake again.

Would I pay it? I don't know. Probably ... but it's just not professional.

^^^^^^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

Expert

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by schmart View Post
    Although I agree with the others and paying what you really owe, I would be very cautious in that this could be a scam. I assume this is from a smaller company that doesn't necessarily have an IT Security staff. It is possible that the entire order database was downloaded and scammers are contacting customers trying to have them hand out their credit card numbers. I certainly wouldn't give my card numbers out just because somebody phoned me, but rather return a call to the company through a published and verifiable phone number.
    --Rick

And this is a very good point. Maybe a postal money order, instead of a cc, if you decide to pay.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast