• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Our pack is getting setup to do the pies in the face after all the popcorn sales and normally they get some giant tubs of icing. This year we're wondering if there's a smart way to go about this. We have the largest pack in North East Indiana and there's going to be a lot of kids doing the pie in the face thing for a lot of us, but once we get ourselves cleaned up we have to clean up the church too. I think we've got a pretty solid system setup, but if there's ever a chance to improve what we're doing then I'm all for it. Any thoughts?

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    IDK, would whipped cream be easier? Good luck with that...I did a decade as a scout leader without taking a pie to the face.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Joined Scouting the very first year they had Tiger cubs and stayed in as an Assistant Scoutmaster for several years and never took a pie to the face or gave one. As a facility tram leader at our church....good luck cleaning it up

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    We use shaving cream which can get at the dollar store. Also we put down a big tarp on the floor with a few chairs in the middle. We get big garbage bags that we turn into ponchos for the leaders that are taking a pie into the face. Get some dish towels so you clean their faces off then just wash them off in the sink and ring them out for the next person to clean up.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Our pack is the largest in North East Indiana and they've got the cleanup down to a science for the gym floor and all that good stuff. We were just wondering about ways to improve the cleanup on the scout leaders. We put up a small PVC frame and wrap it in plastic, then make a paper walk way to and from it to the bathroom. It's a lot of prep work, but save a whole lot more of clean up work. The only real hassle is just getting that icing out of all the clothes. Don't get me wrong, it's not all bad standing there for an a hour licking your lips while facing the firing squad so to speak.

schmart

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 10, 2014
    Lafayette
    When I've been involved with those, we made sure to double tarp the floor, for way larger than we thought we needed. If you are near a wall, put up a backstop tarp as well. Either use a dollar store poncho/rain coat, or a 30 gallon trash bag to protect the pie recipient's clothing somewhat. (something always sneaks through however). Keep a large trash can nearby so the poncho can be inverted as it comes off, containing most of the mess and directly into the trash.
    Our pies were normally made from pudding that comes in gallon cans.

Top Bottom