Nov 10th, 1975 - Loss of the Edmund Fitzgerald.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Great video. Always enjoyed that song, but it never fails to bring on a feeling of sadness.

a future Jeep trip to Drummond Island will include a side trip to Whitefish point to see the Great Lakes Shipwreck Museum and the lighthouse. I understand the Edmund Fitzgerald's bell is there, along with memorials for the crew. We'll also hit Sault Ste Marie and see the locks where lots of iron ore ships still pass. It is surprisingly said to be the busiest canal in the world.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Great video. Always enjoyed that song, but it never fails to bring on a feeling of sadness.

a future Jeep trip to Drummond Island will include a side trip to Whitefish point to see the Great Lakes Shipwreck Museum and the lighthouse. I understand the Edmund Fitzgerald's bell is there, along with memorials for the crew. We'll also hit Sault Ste Marie and see the locks where lots of iron ore ships still pass. It is surprisingly said to be the busiest canal in the world.

I agree.

You will find it hard to beat northern Michigan as a travel destination. Of course, I may be a little biased being a Michigander! I have only 4 states left to be able to say I have been to them all and Michigan is still at the top for me.:)

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    I was in the 8th grade when this happened. Made the front page of the local paper. When the song by Gordon Lightfoot came out, I bought a 45 rpm record of it.

Top Bottom