• IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    Here it is doing its thing back in better days:

[video=youtube;JebyrEiAFi4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JebyrEiAFi4[/video]

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County

The Sikorsky H-34 (company designation S-58) is a piston-engined military helicopter originally designed by American aircraft manufacturer Sikorsky as an anti-submarine warfare (ASW) aircraft for the United States Navy. It has seen extended use when adapted to turbine power by the British licensee as the Westland Wessex and Sikorsky as the later S-58T.

That one was made in 1958. Wow

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    I have worked under these doing equipment sets on large buildings. Midwest is one of the best in the business. Unfortunately they can do 1000s of successful lifts that no one hears about, but when one goes bad, it makes the news. Thankfully no one was seriously hurt. Most of these pilots are former military. We used Midwest in Monrovia on a warehouse and all went well.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have worked under these doing equipment sets on large buildings. Midwest is one of the best in the business. Unfortunately they can do 1000s of successful lifts that no one hears about, but when one goes bad, it makes the news. Thankfully no one was seriously hurt. Most of these pilots are former military. We used Midwest in Monrovia on a warehouse and all went well.

We have trusted them as well. 1st Helo lifts for me was mid 80's and have had the experience several times since.
    We used the sky crane 2 times at the old Choice mechanical and that was a thrill.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    That sucks. Parts for that probably have to be manufactured in a machine shop. They stopped making them so long ago.
    I've seen one here at the mill doing lifts where they couldn't get a crane it.
    There's not many, I wonder if it's the same.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    That company, possibly that helicopter, lifted a bunch of HVAC and air-handling equipment onto the top of Albanese Candy Factory in Merrillville.

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    When we used Midwest a few years ago, I think the pilot said they had five or six that they rotated around. One was kept in Avon at a small airport and that’s the one we were to use, but it was down for maintenance so they flew down another one from Chicago the morning of our set. I’m wondering if the pilot in whitestown had a mechanical issue and had to set down fast...they usually look for a open spot away from everything. Would make sense as to why he was so close to the trailers.

Top Bottom