Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 83

Thread: Tonsillectomy

  1. #21
    Marksman

    User Info Menu

    My tonsils were removed 46 years ago when I was 24. It was difficult. While in recovery, I started bleeding and was sent back to surgery, where I found I was allergic to spray xylocaine (grand mall seizure). I when to the emergency room for bleeding and to the surgeon's office to have my throat cauterized. That ended the problems. It was scary but it was not too bad.

  2. #22
    Expert

    User Info Menu

    I was 30 when I had mine out. Had them laser'd. Felt like my throat had a sunburn and the French Foreign Legion marched barefoot across my tongue but no real problems.

    I used SSKI drops to get the hockey puck scab out of the back of my throat. I don't know if they still use that but it was better in the long run than the pain med.

    As far as the anesthetic goes, practice saying in your sleep, "Thank you sir, may I have another..."

    I went back to work (a talking job) 5 days later.
    I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous...

  3. #23
    Quantum Mechanic Mr Evilwrench's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Had mine out when I was 6, along with adenoidectomy and tubes in my ears. My uncle was the guy that had invented the procedure they were using at the time, and he was my surgeon. He was the grand poobah of the ENT lodge or something. The thing I remember most was when they were about to give me a shot in my butt, they were examining the hypodermic and hadn't taken the cap off. I didn't get to witness them taking the cap off, so I was all bent out of shape about them sticking that whole thing in me. It was a penicillin shot, so it hurt about that much. I got ice cream, popsicles, all that kind of stuff. The best part was a week out of school. Yeah, it was like a bad sore throat for several days, but as long as I got the cold things, it helped. I tell you what, though, the tubes they used for your eardrums back then were like sewer pipes next to the ones they have now.
    Geeking out on ancestry; 17th great grandson of Geoffrey Chaucer, and a bunch of dukes, knights, princesses, kings and stuff. Of course, once you turn over a rock and one king crawls out, you're pretty much infested with them. And what did I tell you? Charlemagne, Holy Roman Emperor, Charles "The Hammer" Martel, and a truckload of others. This is getting better: "The Bonny Earl O'Moray" was an ancestor, and the origin of the term mondegreen: They slew the Earl O'Moray and Lady Mondegreen

  4. #24
    Expert Hatin Since 87's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by DoggyDaddy View Post
    I got mine out when I was 4 (55 years ago). I got to eat all the ice cream I wanted, and the hospital let me pick out a gift. I got a "Give-a Show Projector". Make sure you don't take anything less than the Give-a-Show Projector!
    Lmao, I’ll be sure to show this to my surgeon.
    I find you offensive for finding me offensive.

    Often imitated, Never duplicated.

  5. #25
    Expert Hatin Since 87's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Mongo59 View Post
    I was 30 when I had mine out. Had them laser'd. Felt like my throat had a sunburn and the French Foreign Legion marched barefoot across my tongue but no real problems.

    I used SSKI drops to get the hockey puck scab out of the back of my throat. I don't know if they still use that but it was better in the long run than the pain med.

    As far as the anesthetic goes, practice saying in your sleep, "Thank you sir, may I have another..."

    I went back to work (a talking job) 5 days later.
    I’m 32 so about the same there. I’m not sure if they’re using a laser or old fashioned scalpel, and only thing he told me med wise was pain pills and some sort of steroid. My only concerns are problems being under anesthesia and bleeding after surgery.
    I find you offensive for finding me offensive.

    Often imitated, Never duplicated.

  6. #26
    Grandmaster DoggyDaddy's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatin Since 87 View Post
    Lmao, I’ll be sure to show this to my surgeon.
    I have fond memories of the minutes of entertainment I got from that projector. Sitting in the hallway next to the electrical outlet, giving a show on the opposite wall... *sigh*

  7. #27
    Expert Hatin Since 87's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by DoggyDaddy View Post
    I have fond memories of the minutes of entertainment I got from that projector. Sitting in the hallway next to the electrical outlet, giving a show on the opposite wall... *sigh*
    My kids wouldn’t know how to use it. I could already hear them complaining trying to figure out how to connect it to WiFi
    I find you offensive for finding me offensive.

    Often imitated, Never duplicated.

  8. #28
    Master edporch's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Just don't believe 'em when they tell you that you can have ALL the ice cream you want afterward!
    It's a trick!
    GCA, Life Member GOA, SAF, NRA & ISRPA

  9. #29
    Grandmaster DoggyDaddy's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by edporch View Post
    Just don't believe 'em when they tell you that you can have ALL the ice cream you want afterward!
    It's a trick!
    Shhhhhh! C'mon man... we're trying to build his confidence here!

  10. #30
    Grandmaster DoggyDaddy's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatin Since 87 View Post
    My kids wouldn’t know how to use it. I could already hear them complaining trying to figure out how to connect it to WiFi
    It's not for your kids! It's all yours! We're talking 112 slides here. Did you not see that?? And not just any slides... COLOR slides!


Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Button Dodge