• ...and so much more!
  • Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Always a good day when UK men's basketball gets beat.

And even better when they get beat by a not very good team.

Fond memories of UE and UE students. Miss my time in Evansville.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    i was watching a movie last night, it was the story of david and goliath, and how a week little underdog, stood up to and defeated a giant...OH WAIT...IT WAS THE UE UK GAME!!!!!

covered a 34 point spread PLUS three to beat the #1 ranked team!

so...who thinks this'll be the LAST time ue plays uk????

fyi the coach of ue is Walter McCarty, is a Harrison high school grad, played on Kentuckys 96 ncaa championship team, and was an assistant coach at boston

so who thinks that uk wont be ranked #1 next week?

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    I have liked Evansville since I was just a kid....they have always had a spot in my heart. I was just a young boy in 1977, some things you never forget.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    Always a good day when UK men's basketball gets beat.

pennst3_zps4zago6ez.jpg

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    well how bout this for an update

[video]https://www.tristatehomepage.com/news/local-news/ue-fires-walter-mccarty/[/video]

that happened yesterday

this happened today

[video]https://www.tristatehomepage.com/news/local-news/todd-lickliter-named-new-ue-basketball-coach/[/video]

I guess you cant go around getting students pregnant and not get in trouble, damn shame, I think he could have had a great future (had as in past tense) in college ball, the pro's is a different story he wont have to worry about coeds...just alimony!!!

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I hadn't heard any substance to any allegations... Have a source for that information, shooter?

Also, I was on campus yesterday. What's the construction going on near the baseball / softball fields?

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I hadn't heard any substance to any allegations... Have a source for that information, shooter?

Also, I was on campus yesterday. What's the construction going on near the baseball / softball fields?

as for the construction I’m not sure my daughters don’t go there anymore.

i don’t have a concrete source for the pregnant coed other than I’m hearing that from too many different people, I know that title 9 is teacher/student harassment and contact, he has been warned for that in the past (last year).

On sunday day news outlets were saying he’d be reinstated, Monday school was closed (mlk day) Tuesday it was announced he was terminated and two hours later the new coach was announced, two hours! That makes me think that the university knew he was going to be fired, how can you negotiate an contract that large (media speculation is Walter was making 250 grand a year) in just two hours?

As as I said it’s a damn shame he (Walter) was on track to be a major career as a coach, all he ever had to mention was the ue victory over uk. I think he could have had a bigger career as a coach than as a player

now I wonder about the new ue commitments will they stay or de commit, the Ohio mr basketball was transferring to ue from some other school.

this is a year of highs and lows for ue basketball

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    title 9 is teacher/student harassment and contact, he has been warned for that in the past (last year)

Title IX is about Way way way more than that.

And the new coach was their assistant coach last year - Todd Lickliter. He was the head coach at Butler here in Indy from '01 to '07. Already being on the pay roll and already functioning as the interim HC while the suspension was going on makes it a heck of a lot easier to slide the new guy into place as permanent HC.

Clark & Addison

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2019
    Gibson County
    Lickliter retired last summer from his assistant role at UE. Said he wanted to spend more time with his family. His coming back so soon makes me wonder if he didn't retire because he knew what was going on and didn't want to be around when McCarty's actions caught up with him? UE lost another good assistant after last season as well, but he moved up the ranks to Xavier.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Lickliter fell off a ladder last year and hit his head, he ended up with a concussion, and left ue last year I assume by last year they mean 2018, he’s got a pedigree! took butler to the ncaa championship twice, he left butler for a 8 million dollar 7 year contract, Iowa I think, but didn’t fit in with the program (ie two losing seasons in a row) don’t know what happened after that but somehow ended up as an assistant at ue?

i still think two hours from firing to naming his replacement is awfully fast! For lawyers to go over contracts an finalize the deal??? Something makes me think that the writing was on the wall for Walter

Top Bottom