• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Flash-hider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2012
    I had a very nice experience yesterday. Navajo code talker, Peter MacDonald, Sr., spoke at the Jordan Auditorium on the Norte Dame campus. He is one of five surviving code talkers at 91 years of age. For a good hour and twenty minutes he told of enlisting in the Marine Corps at age 15. The training and secrecy surrounding the code talkers and how that followed them into battle.
    I have no doubt without the Navajo code talkers the Pacific Theater would have taken longer, with the loss on more lives, and perhaps even looked differently from when the war ended. Mr. MacDonald was as sharp as a tac can be and his pride in being a Marine and able to serve his country in the capacity he did was very evident in the words he spoke and the brightness of his face.

funeralweb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Earth/East Central I
    I had a very nice experience yesterday. Navajo code talker, Peter MacDonald, Sr., spoke at the Jordan Auditorium on the Norte Dame campus. He is one of five surviving code talkers at 91 years of age. For a good hour and twenty minutes he told of enlisting in the Marine Corps at age 15. The training and secrecy surrounding the code talkers and how that followed them into battle.
    I have no doubt without the Navajo code talkers the Pacific Theater would have taken longer, with the loss on more lives, and perhaps even looked differently from when the war ended. Mr. MacDonald was as sharp as a tac can be and his pride in being a Marine and able to serve his country in the capacity he did was very evident in the words he spoke and the brightness of his face.

A fraternity brother was there and posted a pic with him on his Book of Faces page. We need to soak up as much of that generation's living history as possible as time will eventually claim those the Axis failed to defeat. If "lavender orchid" and "Athena Nike" have significance to you, hello brother PW

Top Bottom