• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    My son wants to go out a another overnight hiking trip but his (pre-Christmas) gear isn't rated for temps below 40. I'm thinking of compromising with a cabin on a trail. I see Deam lake has walk-up availability but we've been there a lot and the trails are a bit short. Anyone recommend a 10-12 mile trail with a heated cabin option? Wood fireplace is fine, doesn't have to have electricity. Prefer a 3 hour radius from Indy area.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Morgan-Monroe has cabins.
    https://www.in.gov/dnr/forestry/4816.htm

[FONT=&amp]Draper Cabin

Draper Cabin is a primitive, wooden-floored log cabin that takes visitors 100 years back in time to the days before electricity, vehicles and modern plumbing. Reservations for the cabin are accepted from the first weekend in April to the weekend before Thanksgiving. The cabin may be rented on a day by day basis, depending on weather conditions, during the winter. Click here for rental information and a picture of the cabin . [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Cherry Lake Lodge

Nestled deep in Morgan-Monroe State Forest you’ll find the solitude you seek, while still having a comfortable bed in which to sleep, hot and cold running water, indoor restroom and shower, and full kitchen facilities. This recently renovated lodge is everything you’d expect in a woodland retreat at a very affordable rental rate. It’s a place where the whole family can explore the woods all day, and relax to a warm fire at night. Click here for rental information and rates.

They also have 2, 10 mile trails.

[/FONT]

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Potato Creek State Park has cabins and trails. That's about all I know for sure because it's been a very long time since I've been out there.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Thanks for the input. I'm looking at the options now. I like the Draper cabin but like most of the public forestry cabins it's walk-up only at this point in the year, so you can't make a reservation. Also a 2 night minimum.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Delaney Creek State Park is in Washington Co., And the KT trailhead there leads straight to Deam Lake. Delaney has multiple cabin options as well as lakeside primitive. Even places for campers lakeside.

Home

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk
    we haven’t hiked the area yet but we have stayed in the cabins there a couple times. Once for a family reunion and once for a wedding. No frills (which seems like what you want), but has showers, toilet, kitchen, etc..

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    I’d go to MidwayUSA and get him a 4-piece system while they are on sale.

Then go camping where and when you want.

Top Bottom