Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast
    Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    ... What is the purpose of this thread again?
    It's quite obvious isn't it? Some of the younger of us fooled around and actually said it, didn't they?

No offense to the younger crowd, but I bet they don't remember the '94 AWB? Might not have even been around or thought of in '94, much less were affected by this firearms ban that, after sun-setting, propelled the AR15 to the status of most popular rifle in existence?

Think we'll be lucky enough to have another AWB sunset after ten years without the NRA on board? Just think about that, eh...

Last edited by bwframe; 3 Weeks Ago at 17:23.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Done, done, and Iím on to the next one...

User Info Menu

OK Boomer...
    ​Bullies suck. They also make you stronger.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HoughMade View Post
    OK Boomer...

User Info Menu

My beef isnt so much that he's making the millions. Its that he's doing so at a not for profit. Nonprofits are there to help their constituents, not line executive pockets.

If you want to make millions, go work for the for profit companies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Freeman View Post
    A confused cop is an arresty cop.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierdoc View Post
    also, where do we sign up to touch Frank's equipment?

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cameramonkey View Post
    My beef isnt so much that he's making the millions. Its that he's doing so at a not for profit. Nonprofits are there to help their constituents, not line executive pockets.

Thinking the Red Cross/United Way.

I get it peoples. I seriously do but damnit the money is being diverted from the cause.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tv1217 View Post
    A lot of people like to say things like "The NRA is the only thing standing in the way of us losing our rights" or some variation of that and all I hear is "When the cops come to take my guns, I'm gonna give them up instead of blowing their heads off like I should"
    My guns won't be illegal....they'll be undocumented.

Expert

User Info Menu

This is entirely backwards. Many have a misconception that non profit employees take some kind of vow of poverty or the like.

NEWS FLASH: They are employees that work for a buck, all of them they can get. I got a laugh out of a comment in a recent NRA bashing thread that complained WLP didn't even own guns, shoot, hunt, and the like. Sort of saying if he ain't good enough to be a buddy he ain't good enough to run NRA.

Like him or not, the guy has spent nearly 30 years growing the NRA. I believe he personally knows hundreds of major politicians, probably has cell phone numbers for many of them. Are we sure we want to fire a guy that has those type of connections and hire a new guy to start networking from scratch? Who should replace him? How many years will it take to get them up to speed?

These are hard questions with no easy answers and a bunch of guys on a gun forum likely do not have enough information to even make an intelligent decision, but we sure can vent. But does that help the cause we all are here supporting? I agree that the organization needs some work at the director level and much better oversight by the board. That is why I voted Adam Kraut, to be a reformer. But before we stop funding the NRA PAC and fire an experienced leader in an election season lets take a deep breath and look at the bigger picture...

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Done, done, and Iím on to the next one...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ingomike View Post
    This is entirely backwards. Many have a misconception that non profit employees take some kind of vow of poverty or the like.

NEWS FLASH: They are employees that work for a buck, all of them they can get. I got a laugh out of a comment in a recent NRA bashing thread that complained WLP didn't even own guns, shoot, hunt, and the like. Sort of saying if he ain't good enough to be a buddy he ain't good enough to run NRA.

Like him or not, the guy has spent nearly 30 years growing the NRA. I believe he personally knows hundreds of major politicians, probably has cell phone numbers for many of them. Are we sure we want to fire a guy that has those type of connections and hire a new guy to start networking from scratch? Who should replace him? How many years will it take to get them up to speed?

These are hard questions with no easy answers and a bunch of guys on a gun forum likely do not have enough information to even make an intelligent decision, but we sure can vent. But does that help the cause we all are here supporting? I agree that the organization needs some work at the director level and much better oversight by the board. That is why I voted Adam Kraut, to be a reformer. But before we stop funding the NRA PAC and fire an experienced leader in an election season lets take a deep breath and look at the bigger picture...

I dont expect them to work for free, or very little. But something more reasonable like Mens Wearhouse vs $30,000 in one day in Beverly Hills.

And as mentioned upthread, we the members dont need to pay for your entire family and their entourage to vacation ON TOP OF your salary. But if you want to drop $30k on a vacation, more power to ya... Do like the rest of us do; Get a salary and pay your own damn way. One word comes to mind. Reasonable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Freeman View Post
    A confused cop is an arresty cop.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierdoc View Post
    also, where do we sign up to touch Frank's equipment?

Expert

User Info Menu

I dont expect them to work for free, or very little. But something more reasonable like Mens Wearhouse vs $30,000 in one day in Beverly Hills.

And as mentioned upthread, we the members dont need to pay for your entire family and their entourage to vacation ON TOP OF your salary. But if you want to drop $30k on a vacation, more power to ya... Do like the rest of us do; Get a salary and pay your own damn way. One word comes to mind. Reasonable.
    Do we know for sure these things happened? I read the accusations as everyone else did but this was an all out internal war, what facts do we have concerning these allegations? Were these ever verified? If they were was there any explanation? Were these expenses approved by the board? If WLP just took them from the organization that would be criminal and he should be arrested and charged. Or are these like the bitter ex alleging child abuse to win custody?

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast