Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ingomike View Post
    Do we know for sure these things happened? I read the accusations as everyone else did but this was an all out internal war, what facts do we have concerning these allegations? Were these ever verified? If they were was there any explanation? Were these expenses approved by the board? If WLP just took them from the organization that would be criminal and he should be arrested and charged. Or are these like the bitter ex alleging child abuse to win custody?
    they came out when they split from the ad agency. And I donít care if itís approved or not. Regardless, expenses like that are frivolous and not appropriate for a 501c.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Freeman View Post
    A confused cop is an arresty cop.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierdoc View Post
    also, where do we sign up to touch Frank's equipment?

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cameramonkey View Post
    they came out when they split from the ad agency. And I donít care if itís approved or not. Regardless, expenses like that are frivolous and not appropriate for a 501c.
    And another reason I am on the fence. Until this pile of is cleaned up I will remain on this same fence but like Dead Duck said, being careful not to straddle it.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

Expert

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cameramonkey View Post
    I went back and looked at the archives at TTAG and their reporting says that the money came from the ad agency for the things alleged, not the organization. As big a hard on as some of these state AG's have for the NRA I would think that if illegal WLP would be being investigated or charged...

User Info Menu

I went back and looked at the archives at TTAG and their reporting says that the money came from the ad agency for the things alleged, not the organization. As big a hard on as some of these state AG's have for the NRA I would think that if illegal WLP would be being investigated or charged...
    My understanding is that NRA was paying the ad agency for their stuff, and in many cases the ad agency would turn around and bill the NRA to pass these expenses back through. Dont care as to the legality. Either way I dont like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Freeman View Post
    A confused cop is an arresty cop.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierdoc View Post
    also, where do we sign up to touch Frank's equipment?

User Info Menu

Sorry to stir the pot & disappear... Life got in the way.

What's the purpose of the post? To call out the opulence that the Number 1 at the NRA is taking from the membership. Some salary, some bonus, some for "expenses". For those that are ok with their membership money supporting that, fine, but I work too hard for my money to see it supporting someone who buys a suit for more than all of my vehicles combined. But, I'm a cheap @$$ who prefers to love way below my means.

Maybe WLP is the sole reason for NRA's dramatic rise in income... Ok, what is the appropriate compensation for him? Maybe more than he received, I think much less, so I've voted with my wallet. I suspect my calls & letters have more important with my elected officials than my annual membership ever did.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by alabasterjar View Post
    Sorry to stir the pot & disappear... Life got in the way.

What's the purpose of the post? To call out the opulence that the Number 1 at the NRA is taking from the membership. Some salary, some bonus, some for "expenses". For those that are ok with their membership money supporting that, fine, but I work too hard for my money to see it supporting someone who buys a suit for more than all of my vehicles combined. But, I'm a cheap @$$ who prefers to love way below my means.

Maybe WLP is the sole reason for NRA's dramatic rise in income... Ok, what is the appropriate compensation for him? Maybe more than he received, I think much less, so I've voted with my wallet. I suspect my calls & letters have more important with my elected officials than my annual membership ever did.
    I hope your wife/girlfriend/significant other isn't reading this thread...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DoggyDaddy View Post
    I hope your wife/girlfriend/significant other isn't reading this thread...
    Freudian slip, I reckon

Plinker

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosierdood View Post
    FIFY
    Exactly. The NRA is not a for-profit enterprise and it most certainly should not be treated as Wayne's personal cash cow. I won't give another cent to the NRA until WLP is gone. Their alarmist is bad enough, but the WLP/Cox/Ollie North conflagration exposed just how self-serving the people running it are.

User Info Menu

Do we know for sure these things happened? I read the accusations as everyone else did but this was an all out internal war, what facts do we have concerning these allegations? Were these ever verified? If they were was there any explanation? Were these expenses approved by the board? If WLP just took them from the organization that would be criminal and he should be arrested and charged. Or are these like the bitter ex alleging child abuse to win custody?
    If it did happen would it make a difference to you?

The benefit of these threads is to educate members of the NRA on where their money is being spent.
    If you find the NRA so invaluable that no amount of soft corruption fazes you, so be it, but we should all at least be aware of where the money is being spent.

Expert

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jludo View Post
    If it did happen would it make a difference to you?

The benefit of these threads is to educate members of the NRA on where their money is being spent.
    If you find the NRA so invaluable that no amount of soft corruption fazes you, so be it, but we should all at least be aware of where the money is being spent.
    All I know is there was an internal power struggle, not unlike a nasty divorce, and a lot of nasty things were alleged about both sides. Before I abandon an organization I believe has been enormously successful, though not perfect, I want to see proof, real proof. Do you have any real proof? I want to see it, please post links so we can all make informed decisions on future relationships with the NRA.

I would have never imagined a year ago I would be making these posts. I have never been to a meeting or convention, about all I have done is call legislators and encourage non members to vote for our interests besides contributions. I am certainly no NRA lackey.

And to those of you blasting the NRA and leadership, withholding contributions, and even actively trying to get others to do the same, what proof do you have other than a few articles, largely by media hostile to the rights you hold dear and the largest organization supporting those rights? Can you be certain that the articles in the gun media are truly arms length, or are they by authors with an agenda? Many of the details cited here are not accurate, such as things paid for by NRA that were paid by the ad agency. All I'm asking for is real proof of corruption. My God, a guy runs a $400 million dollar per year enterprise and all the complaints focus on less than $100k mismanaged? 0.00025%! That all you've got?

To help the math challenged, 0.00025 is 25 cents mismanaged out of a $1000 contribution. Seems kind of weak to tear down the organization based on that...

Last edited by Ingomike; 11-30-2019 at 11:18.

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast