Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

User Info Menu

NRA chief LaPierre to get 57% pay raise

I'll put my flame suit on before I post this...

"Wayne LaPierre, the embattled chief executive of the National Rifle Association, banked a 57 percent pay hike last year — amid the din of calls for him to retire, a report said. The nonprofit group’s latest tax filings show LaPierre received a base salary of $1.3 million, plus a bonus of $455,000 and “other reportable compensation” of more than $427,000, The Washington Post reported Friday. La*Pierre, 70, also received an additional $73,793 in “retirement and other deferred compensation” and “nontaxable benefits” from the NRA and related entities, according to the filings."

Rick w/"Think Like a Cop" says it like it is...

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Keep sending in your NRA dues and voting for anyone with an "R" by their name and this will all resolve itself.

Expert

User Info Menu

Oh, goody goody, another bash the NRA thread. Just what the anti 2A sides hope will happen, we will cut off our nose to spite our own face.

I never get an answer on this question, what should the CEO of a $400 million dollar company make?

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Here we go again...
    -----------------------------------------------
    Done, done, and I’m on to the next one...

Premium Case Lube

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ingomike View Post
    Oh, goody goody, another bash the NRA thread. Just what the anti 2A sides hope will happen, we will cut off our nose to spite our own face.

I never get an answer on this question, what should the CEO of a $400 million dollar company make?
    Yup! A CEO of a $400 million dollar company should make what he is paid if he in uncontested, this case over 1 million. This is the US. People don’t like it, can vote with their money. CEOs are responsible for the success or failure.
    Lets say without Wayne’s decisions (hate him as some may), they would have brought in 80 million less annually. Is he worth 1 million now?

yes.

Don't have to like him for him to have earned his money well!
    Premium case lube made in Fishers, Indiana.
    Now offering annealing services.
    www.Facebook.com/BadBrassSauce
    www.BadBrassSauce.com

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

I don't think Wayne alone has been responsible for that kind of revenue coming into the NRA. What we're seeing now with the NRA is that current leadership has overstayed their welcome and it's time for the organization to benefit from some turnover with some fresh ideas. Personally I'm done supporting the NRA, and started putting my money towards the GOA. I think the NRA should just go back to hosting rifle matches.

User Info Menu

He made $1.4 million in 2017, $2.15 million in 2018...and $5.1 million in 2015 and $1.4 million in 2016.

It seems that around $1.3-1.4 million is his base salary and the rest is bonuses, deferred compensation and retire payouts.

We should at least have some context.
    ​Bullies suck. They also make you stronger.

User Info Menu

Oh ya.... Thanks for reminding me.
    It's time to upgrade my life membership again. While I'm at it I need to pay off my two daughters' life memberships as well. I'll also see about getting some hats and other paraphernalia for them to wear to college.

Every time there is any negative stories about the NRA, they always seem to get more money out of us.
    Weird! Bad publicity is still publicity.

Thanks guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nehemiah View Post
    "Don't be afraid of the enemy! Remember the Lord, who is great and awesome, and fight for your brothers, your sons, your daughters, your wives, and your homes!" - Jerusalem 445 BC
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus View Post
    "If you don't have a gun, sell your coat and buy one." - Jerusalem April 14th, 30 AD - Thursday, 11:38pm IST
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenway View Post
    INGO SUCKS.....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ingomike View Post

When your begging for $$$$$$$$$$$$, the price of a new suit.
    Just because you're at the center of the Universe doesn't mean you're in it.

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

The NRA is kinda like Trump. Can we afford to not back them?

I don't think so. The penalty for "getting your way," is not worth losing what we will.

Done, done, and I’m on to the next one...

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast