What are you looking forward to in the coming winter?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Backpacker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Greenwood
    When I was much younger, I enjoyed backpacking when the leaves were off the trees and I often had the woods to myself. I have long since left that behind, though I still enjoy sight of snow on the ground in the woods.

What are you looking forward to in the coming winter?

n9tkf

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2018
    Just before the earth ends.
    Warmer weather and leaves on the trees so I don't have to see the road. Although going to the range in the winter time is fun too, usually only ones there. Setting the clocks forward in March.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Getting the next phase of my home reno completed. If that happens I won't have a 2020/2021 winter project since this one will complete the indoor work.:)

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    A snowy December is the best. If is gonna be cold, let it snow! Have a grandbaby in few years I’ll take him sledding!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    White Christmas.
    Projects we do in the winter. Shop time on the gun bench.
    Would lime to see a few deep snows to keep the fools t home. CKW and I like cruising in the snow

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    I like watching the day go by outside while I'm sitting next to a hot woodstove. I used to love just being out walking in it,. I still love strolling through Pop's woods, I could spend hours out there. Otherwise I'm spending a lot of time thinking of the magic valley in between McAllen and South Padre....

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    White Christmas.
    Projects we do in the winter. Shop time on the gun bench.
    Would lime to see a few deep snows to keep the fools t home. CKW and I like cruising in the snow

I still have my (now) old Dodge Ram 4x4 that I bought as a dealer demo in 97. It was a 97, but had 56K miles on it already. I think I bought it in November of 97, and then we got hit with a bad storm in early 98? City was under emergency and they were recruiting people with 4x4's to take critical personnel to work, so I volunteered. I wound up only picking up one nurse that had to get to work at Methodist (I think).

This was back when I was living over your way CM! Bought the truck from (then) Palmer Dodge at 38th and Lafayette. :)

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I like watching the day go by outside while I'm sitting next to a hot woodstove. I used to love just being out walking in it,. I still love strolling through Pop's woods, I could spend hours out there. Otherwise I'm spending a lot of time thinking of the magic valley in between McAllen and South Padre....

I used to love being out in it when I was younger (much younger! :):). I used to love it when the weather worked out such that you could set up camp just before snow was to arrive. Nothing much more peaceful than waking up in the woods after a freshly fallen snow. Just have to prepare for it.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    This is the first winter I'll be retired. I look forward to only being out in the weather/traveling because it's what I want to do. I hope to get out and experience that quiet in a heavy snowstorm where nothing is stirring and the only sound is the soft, white-noise hiss of the falling snow as it lands

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    This is the first winter I'll be retired. I look forward to only being out in the weather/traveling because it's what I want to do. I hope to get out and experience that quiet in a heavy snowstorm where nothing is stirring and the only sound is the soft, white-noise hiss of the falling snow as it lands
    Congratulations. Hope you enjoy your retirement.

Top Bottom