Will YOU Sponsor a Wreath For a Fallen Veteran?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    Firstly, I want to make clear that I first seeked and recieved permission from TexKev before making this post.

My son has joined the Civil Air Patrol. Each holiday season my son's squadron works to lay 7,000 wreaths on the gravestones of fallen veterans at 5 cemeteries in the Fort Wayne / Allen County area. However, as of this post, they are less than 40% of their goal.

I hope that you will consider the sponsorship of one or multiple wreaths to honor our fallen veterans this holiday season.

The deadline for sponsoring wreaths is December 2nd.

Also, you are welcome to join or watch any of the ceremonies at the cemeteries on December 14th and possibly the 15th.

The letter and link below will provide more information...

UPDATE: I forgot to add that the wreaths are only $15.

This is Little Worddoer.

Thank you for reading this. It is so easy now days to just move on. I appreciate your time.

I have joined the Civil Air Patrol, an axillary of the Air Force. One thing that CAP strongly encourages is support of our veterans, especially during the holidays.

So this brings me to a couple of questions for you...

How do you give back to veterans who served our country?

What do you do to support veterans during the holidays?

When was the last time you supported a veteran in your area?

What do you think about sponsoring a holiday wreath for a fallen veteran?

Starting on Saturday December 14th, my squadron will lay wreaths individually on each of 7,000 fallen veterans gravestones in 5 area cemeteries.

I am hoping that you can help our veterans and help me by sponsoring a wreath for a fallen veteran. This will help both of us to honor and remember the sacrifice these men and women have made for us and for our country.

If you want to see our veterans honored for their service and sacrifice, please click on the included link to our squadron's website. Here you can find out more information and sponsor a wreath for a fallen veteran.

I want to thank each of you for your time and support. And please forward, share, like and promote this on every social media platform you may be on. It takes all of us working together to make sure our veterans are not neglected and forgotten.

LINK: WREATHS ACROSS AMERICA

Last edited:

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    This is a very inspiring effort. I have done the wreath laying in Arlington a few times. I tend to gravitate to the older graves that most folks don't get to...and my FILs as well; WWII, Korea and three tours in 'Nam. I found it very cathartic to lay wreaths at Blackjack's stone an look out across the field of the warriors who fought with him.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    Since we are in the Holiday season, What a better way to honor a veteran AND provide a gift idea than to sponsor a wreath in the name of a friend or family member. You can provide a unique and inspiring gift while helping us to make sure our veterans are not ignored or forgotten this holiday season.

For those who have already sponsored a wreath, THANK YOU! We appreciate the time you have given to consider this and your support to honor our veterans. It is through each sponsor that we are able to honor and show appreciation to our veterans for their many sacrifices.

Last edited:

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    Tomorrow night (December 2nd) at midnight is the deadline. If you have any interest in sponsoring a wreath for a veterans gravestone, then now is the time.

Top Bottom