• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    I'm not an audiophile I just want to watch a movie without constantly adjusting the volume. I've got a Sony TV and another brand surround sound, I use the fiber optic cable to connect , I've used the different settings on my surround sound amp and I'm always raising and lowering the voluem depending on the scene on the TV, It doesn't matter if it's antenna tv, dvd, or firestick.

Is this common or do I need to arrange a different setup

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Look for a setting called audio compression. It levels all the stuff out so the whispers are a little louder, and the explosions arent as explody.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I think on one of our Sonys it was called smart sound?

Yup. Our old Sony had that. But even with that engaged you will still get blown out of your chair when the starship impacts the asteroid.

The Onkyo we have now does much the same thing. When you have the volume set so you can hear conversations the sound goes well into the Ozone when the action starts.

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Just turn it up and watch movies how they were meant to be heard. :rockwoot:

As as the others have said you can try a few settings but it’s entirely dependent on how good the implementation is on your sound bar. Even higher end AVRs have trouble compensating but can do a better job. Most call it dynamic range compression or something to that effect.

Top Bottom