• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bonkers1919

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    Columbus
    Torn bicep reattached, Arthroscopic repair, clean up arthritis. 3 weeks and still hurting.

INGO'ers that had shoulder surgery, how long until you staring shooting again?

sugarcreekbrass

Expert
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 29, 2015
    West central
    I had a torn labrum repaired on my right shoulder. I shoot long guns left handed and shot my 12 ga in turkey season 2 months later. My doctor, who is an avid Hunter, said I could have shot right handed. I was more bummed because I missed quite a bit of 3D archery season that summer. It took me a while to pull back 60 lbs. Your doctor should be able to give you an idea, given your condition and type of repairs.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I had a torn right labium that required the removal of about 25% of the cartlidge, two frayed rotator tendons and a torn sub scap tendon, had surgery in mid April 2010. In the first of August I attended
    the first PW meet and shoot in Evansville where the late HandK gave a training class. I shot about 8oo rounds that day. Gary *****ed about the loop I had in my draw from the surgery/limited full movement.
    zzzzsomething he experiance a couple of years later with his own shoulder surgery.

Was sore as heck the next morning, but was good to go after about 6 advil's. I talked to my surgeon at one of my post op visits, he told me where people mess up is ignoring the weight restrictions. He told me as long as I wasn't shooting a Taurus .454 Casull with a 10 inch bbl shooting it one handed with my right arm I was good to go.

I knew I had me a keeper as a surgical doc after that.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I would try bb gun then work up to 22lr. I went slow and steady. I have had 3 shoulder surgeries so far and new ball and socket planned for 2020. What hurt to shoot the most was certain handguns due to sharp recoil curve and slamming my ball into the socket. Listen to what your body is telling you and don't "tough it out".

Top Bottom