• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Probably not what you were thinking, but this is how I am spending the bulk of my day. Well, not in this room specifically, but with all these fine folks who are my family.

Safe travels, full bellies, and good rest to you and yours on this thankful day!!

3NIoiaQ.jpg

dIYNB3m.jpg

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Watch your back out there, as you know today can kick off some of the largest and ugliest of domestic disturbances.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Don't forget, "Am I being detained? Am I free to go? I want a lawyer."

On second thought, you might want to make a sign or you'll lose your voice.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Watch your back out there, as you know today can kick off some of the largest and ugliest of domestic disturbances.

Oh yeah. Sun hasn't set yet so we're good so far. I just finished a DUI and if tonight is anything like last night, it'll start getting stupid about 1800hrs.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Oh yeah. Sun hasn't set yet so we're good so far. I just finished a DUI and if tonight is anything like last night, it'll start getting stupid about 1800hrs.

They must've started when the turkey went in the oven.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I'm the only supervisor for my shift who gets to work this Thanksgiving and was lucky enough to get to spend it with both my shift and my family. Not many people get that hybrid. I'm so proud of my wife. She spearheaded our dinner for the troops, getting City BBQ to donate a turkey, getting Kroger to donate $25 for sides and plates, etc. She then made stuffing from scratch, a green bean casserole, and heated the sides and pies she got from the store. Her and my son went to work with me and set up shop in our break room to re-heat the stuff that needed it and get everything ready for the officers. Other officers provided drinks and several desserts, cranberry sauce, etc. Day shift even left us some desserts, veggie trays, and cold cuts someone had donated to them.

This is what I told my shift today, but I mean it for all LE and MIL out there so I figured I'd post it here as well.

Thank you for working today. I know there are several people in this room who have deployed for the military and I suspect that it's not the first holiday any of you have spent away from your families. There are two ways to look at this. First, that it's a burden. And it is. It's a burden we've willing shouldered to be the keepers at the gate of our society. We do our jobs today so the folks inside the walls don't have to think about what is outside the walls while they spend time with their family. That means something, though. That makes us a family, and a bigger family than anyone else has. Like any family we have the cranky uncle and we have the weird cousin you wish you could sit at the kid's table for one more year but have to deal with at the adult table anyway. Like any family we may not always get along with each other, but a family we are. That's the second way to look at it. Again, thank you all for being here today.

I'm grateful to be part of this nation and both of these families. I'm grateful to be in a position to be proud of both. For those who Facebook, IMPD news has a couple photos I took.

Top Bottom