Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 42 of 48 FirstFirst ... 32 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... LastLast

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jamil View Post
    Not everywhere, and it depended on circumstances. I moved to North Carolina in my early adulthood for my first job. People called me a damn yankee and a carpet bagger, until they found out my parents were from the South and my dad moved back to the South and was living there at the time. So then they accepted me and affectionately called me a "galvanized yankee". But there were areas of North Carolina that were quite friendly to transplants. RTP area was pretty much that way.
    Right, not everywhere and not everybody. But the extreme prejudice against damn yankees did exist in some parts and in some people. I did not mean it was universal, not much is.

I went there right after basic training - it seems there was a prejudice against people with very short hair too.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by daddyusmaximus View Post
    Getting so sick of this leftist driven racism dividing our nation. Here is a young lady who gets up and makes an announcement at some stupid college "multicultural canter".

First thing... this, or any "multicultural center" should never even exist.
    This is America. Our ENTIRE CULTURE, is multicultural.

Second, this delusional young girl says white people need to leave because they have the whole campus, and people of color don't have anywhere else to go.

Jesus H. Christ, if that isn't her spouting the lies she's been told all her life, I don't know what is... She really believes that were she to go to the quad, or library to hang, a group of white people would tell her to leave.

How the hell is she gonna handle some job if the company she doesn't work for doesn't hire all people of color? Thanks a lot leftists democrat idiots... Everything is racist... you win. She'll be on welfare, and voting for you to come save her from the evil white people who could have been her friends, were she not so scared of them being around her...

We now have SEGREGATION once again. (self imposed)

Dr King is rolling in his grave.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/too-ma...vyArhejAgdM-Mo

I just got done with my snowblower. Got two neighbor's driveways, a retired steelworker, and a widow that's friends with my mom.
    When I was finishing up my drive, I saw my neighbor was doing the drive of another neighbor.
    No big deal.
    Then, I for some reason I thought about it.
    The retired steelworker I helped, was black.
    My neighbor is black, and he was working on the drive of a white guy.
    Neither of us cared.
    Had we been fighting, it would be "news".
    But, 2 guys helping out a couple neighbors, well here in my neighborhood, it's called "Thursday".
    "Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem."

“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.” -Plato

"A citizen may not be required to offer a 'good and substantial reason' why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The rights existence is all the reason he needs." Benson Everett Legg - Woolard v. Sheridan

If you're a noob, develop thick skin, and read the FAQs

User Info Menu

Did I just pat myself on the back for doing another drive.
    Yes I did.
    but I figure I deserve it.

Now I have to reattach the linkage for my gear selector that fell off.
    "Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem."

“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.” -Plato

"A citizen may not be required to offer a 'good and substantial reason' why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The rights existence is all the reason he needs." Benson Everett Legg - Woolard v. Sheridan

If you're a noob, develop thick skin, and read the FAQs

User Info Menu

Because you noticed their color proves you are RACIST.

So say some!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 2A_Tom View Post
    Because you noticed their color proves you are RACIST.

So say some!
    AND. Simultaneously, if you fail to notice their color proves you are racist. Colorblindness is a microaggression. So say those same folks. Oops.
    I have spoken.
    If you’re woke you dig it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by actaeon277 View Post
    Did I just pat myself on the back for doing another drive.
    Yes I did.
    but I figure I deserve it.

Now I have to reattach the linkage for my gear selector that fell off.
    "No good deed goes unpunished"
    Who knew liberty would contain so many stems and seeds

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by actaeon277 View Post
    I just got done with my snowblower. Got two neighbor's driveways, a retired steelworker, and a widow that's friends with my mom.
    When I was finishing up my drive, I saw my neighbor was doing the drive of another neighbor.
    No big deal.

-snip-

But, 2 guys helping out a couple neighbors, well here in my neighborhood, it's called "Thursday".
    When I lived at my old house when I broke out the snowblower (lived on a corner) I always did my neighbor beside me (she was widowed) and my neighbors across
    the street, they was in their late 60's.

I also on a couple of occasions did my neighbor diagonally from me even though he was in his late 20's. On more than one occasion they tried to give me money, I politely refused,
    they threw a fit. I always told them I believed in being a good neighbor, and that I was always there if needed.

Fast forward to my current home, I routinely did the same thing for my neighbor beside and across from me. After my health issue's the last two years my neighbors have done my drive and sidewalk for
    me. I profusely thank them for it, and I'm quickly reminded, it's the least we could do for you helping us.

I have had this saying I have said for decades....

I don't care if you're white, brown, red or pink with purple polka dots, when we're all cut we bleed red, if we can't help each other out as neighbors, we can't help out anybody.
    Don't be that Richard, nobody likes a smart ass Richard, there's way more than we need here.

Trump reaffirms my decision everyday voting for him as President and my
    reason for voting for him again in 2020.

Member#630, geez I've been here a while.

User Info Menu

I have some great neighbors. A lot of times I do four driveways, mine and three neighbors. I am the oldest fart in the neighborhood and retired and they all work so it just makes sense. If it snows on the weekend I have to get going at it early or they do mine for me.
    Then after the plow comes through I try to get out there and do all the plow berms. My big snowblower (12x33) is bigger than theirs and it handles it easier.

One time the snow was so wet and heavy it plugged up each of my blowers in just a few feet. That is the stuff we call 'heart attack snow'. I couldn't do anything with the blowers. The neighbors shoveled mine for me by hand - great neighbors!

User Info Menu

Virginia Is About To Require a Government License for 'Art Therapy,' Because Glue and Scissors Are 'Potentially' Dangerous

Based on a study that cites such potential dangers as the "sharp edges" on scissors and "toxic chemicals" in glue, state lawmakers in Virginia are on their way to approving a new licensing law to cover art therapists.

There is no word on whether kindergartners will continue to be allowed to use these tools that, in the hands of unlicensed adults, apparently constitute a risk to public safety.

The Virginia state Senate voted unanimously this week to approve the legislation, sending the bill to the state Assembly for further consideration. The bill would create a new license for art therapists, but it is largely silent on the requirements for obtaining such a license. Instead, the legislature intends to offload those details to a newly created board—a board that will be staffed primarily by practicing art therapists.
    ****ing statists.
    If I get home before daylight, just might get some sleep tonight.

User Info Menu

So, no more round-tipped really dull but still steel scissors, and paste that tasted like mint (er, or, so I am told)?

Page 42 of 48 FirstFirst ... 32 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... LastLast