The third Act continues the saga.....

Facepalm-statue-300x300.jpg

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Didn’t they link the deaths from vaping to cheap ass Chinese stuff that had some kind of chemical that wasn’t supposed to be done there?

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Back to the police chief saying that cops don’t need to default to beast mode when confronting armed people. There is some truth to that. He’s not suggesting that cops shouldn’t be armed. I don’t know how many viral videos I’ve seen of cops vs knife welding people, where you could witness it first hand and know this can’t end any other way. That the cops didn’t need to be that aggressive. To Denny’s point, sometimes they do, and those situations can present themselves with necessary cues.

In those videos where it’s obvious it’s only ending one way, cops swarm in barking orders and when I try to put myself in the spot of the person, I think with all the adrenaline and stress of the situation all the barking would just add confusion to an already volatile situation.

I think there is room for training that focuses on recognizing when lethal first is really appropriate, and not just go to that first, as well as better training in handling those cases where lethal first won’t lead to the best outcome. I would say the best outcome is bad guy/gal gets taken into custody, no injuries; cops go home at the end of the shift, no injuries.

The cops look justified in those videos where they bark orders to comply, the armed person moves in some way contrary to the barked commands, cops open fire and leave a mess to clean up. I want the cops to go home safely. And if emptying a full mag into the bad guy is the only way, then that’s what they have to do. But I think it’s also possible that sometimes they approach these situations such that it at least contributes to that being the only solution.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    So the cops talk the knifer into distraction and then jump him and disarm him. He gets out of jail in six months and then kills somebody or even a few somebodies. It is never easy.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Police Chief Says Cops Shouldn't Draw Guns On Suspects With Knives

How in hell did this guy get to be a cop, much less the chief?

https://defensemaven.io/bluelivesmat...EyVeePcREQ26Qs

I guess he was never TAUGHT the 21 foot rule in his law enforcement training.

Maybe he needs to practice what he preaches in some simulated exercises to see if his point of view holds up after he's simulated dying from a knife wound time after time.

If a person is standing off against me holding a knife, my spidey sense is telling me he's not there for dance lessons, nor is he auditioning for the 2020 release of West Side Story as one of the Jets or Sharks.
    In that case, the age old adage of "Don't bring a knife to a gunfight rings oh so true.

:banana::stretcher:waaa2

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Didn’t they link the deaths from vaping to cheap ass Chinese stuff that had some kind of chemical that wasn’t supposed to be done there?

The latest report says the bad stuff is vitamin E oil that is in the flavored vape modules (as well as the THC kits) and in microwave popcorn.

Hoosierkav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    South of Indianapolis

Maybe he needs to practice what he preaches in some simulated exercises to see if his point of view holds up after he's simulated dying from a knife wound time after time.

If a person is standing off against me holding a knife, my spidey sense is telling me he's not there for dance lessons, nor is he auditioning for the 2020 release of West Side Story as one of the Jets or Sharks.
    In that case, the age old adage of "Don't bring a knife to a gunfight rings oh so true.

If the person with a knife can be kept beyond 21', isn't that a different story*? If there isn't a lethal threat, why employ lethal force?

*I am not suggesting that the knife-wielder gets to run around and "oops, we need to keep him away from us so we don't give him what he wants" situation

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    If the person with a knife can be kept beyond 21', isn't that a different story*? If there isn't a lethal threat, why employ lethal force?

*I am not suggesting that the knife-wielder gets to run around and "oops, we need to keep him away from us so we don't give him what he wants" situation

They can always do this... :):

[video=youtube_share;dmTNZfR4dNw]https://youtu.be/dmTNZfR4dNw[/video]

EDIT: I see a DEFINITE training need for those cops. Several were very reluctant to swing those ASPs, as if they didnt really know how to use them properly.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan

The 21ft rule is utter BS. Tueller never intended his study to be used as a rule. You can actually get much closer to a threat than 21ft. Get off the frigg'n X. I attended a training class where we tested this "rule". One was the bad guy with a training knife and the other was the officer. The officer was armed with a Simunition gun and the bad guy would lunge at the officer and see if the officer can draw and fire on the attacker. The key was to MOVE laterally while drawing/firing. I think we were able to get the distance down to 6 ft or so before moving didn't make much difference. If you just stand there looking at your attacker like a dingus, then yeah, 21ft is what you will need. https://www.itstactical.com/warcom/...myth-why-the-21-foot-rule-isnt-a-rule-at-all/

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    The police just do not appreciate a civilian helping them out and getting the job done!

[video=youtube;mT2KHmhksM0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mT2KHmhksM0[/video]

Top Bottom