• ...and so much more!
  • indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    I'm seriously looking to add a 35 - 50 hp tractor to my tool collection. Looked at a variety of brands and have learned that in the compact tractor category, they almost all are made by the same company and are branded for the label you like most (JD, RK, MF, NH, etc).

But I found a unique brand tonight while surfing. Looks awesome, think I'll check into it. Just need to find out where to get a loader....

00303_adjbsyg65YX_1200x900.jpg

https://indianapolis.craigslist.org/grd/d/seymour-1926-keck-gonnerman-steamer/7027517815.html

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    I'm seriously looking to add a 35 - 50 hp tractor to my tool collection. Looked at a variety of brands and have learned that in the compact tractor category, they almost all are made by the same company and are branded for the label you like most (JD, RK, MF, NH, etc).

But I found a unique brand tonight while surfing. Looks awesome, think I'll check into it. Just need to find out where to get a loader....

https://indianapolis.craigslist.org/grd/d/seymour-1926-keck-gonnerman-steamer/7027517815.html

Very nice you do not see them like that very often.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County

maybe tough finding a 3 point hitch for it too....:)

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    With a really big leather belt you can run all sorts of attachments...

Cool tractor; really a mobile power plant.

True. Did everything a horse could do, and some things a horse couldn't.

I've never heard about early century road locomotives having a propensity to blow up. I can surely understand it can happen if the operator isn't paying attention to the gauges. I thought their falling out of favor was due to internal combustion engine technology taking over. Tractors like the John Deere Waterloo Boy.

WhitleyStu

Keep'em Scary Sharp!!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Whitley County/Allen County
    A guy a mile west of us has three in his yard plus a saw mill. Every summer there is a steam "festival" at his farm and others bring their machines to participate. We can hear the steam whistles all day when the day long event is happening.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    I've followed this innovative young entrepreneur through his journey building FROM SCRATCH a very rare Case 150 Road Locomotive. Pretty amazing.

[video=youtube_share;be40gY1UcF4]https://youtu.be/be40gY1UcF4[/video]

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    ...Bring a truck, good shoes, water, and money.

And if it's rained recently, knee boots for the mud, and make sure your truck is 4X4.;)

The walking has become a problem for my old man. He takes his Gator now. As long as it's under a certain width, they let you drive ATVs, golf carts, Gators, etc.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I've followed this innovative young entrepreneur through his journey building FROM SCRATCH a very rare Case 150 Road Locomotive. Pretty amazing.

[video=youtube_share;be40gY1UcF4]https://youtu.be/be40gY1UcF4[/video]

Don't remember if it was this one but they had a big steamer out at the Rushville show a few years ago. Thing was so big it had to come in on two flatbeds, the drive wheels looked to be 8-10 feet in diameter.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    Don't remember if it was this one but they had a big steamer out at the Rushville show a few years ago. Thing was so big it had to come in on two flatbeds, the drive wheels looked to be 8-10 feet in diameter.

I can't say for sure if this is what you saw. Kory Anderson is based in North Dakota and completed this project just 18 months ago (or so). The torque on this thing is massive for its time; just look how it skids a 12 bottom plow across untilled land!

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I can't say for sure if this is what you saw. Kory Anderson is based in North Dakota and completed this project just 18 months ago (or so). The torque on this thing is massive for its time; just look how it skids a 12 bottom plow across untilled land!

I've seen 6, 8 and 10 bottoms being pulled by smaller steamers and other than a more pronounced chugging ala locomotive they don't seem to mind one bit. The guys that ran this stuff back in the day were truly men!

Top Bottom