• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Spent the day demoing about 400 feet of fence, Cutting down Mid size trees, etc because I had nothing better to do! I love it when someone gets to decide how I am going to spend my day, and that I really have no business sleeping at 04:00.

10 hours later, the front of the property is secured with field fence and T posts, it will work until Spring when I can set new wood Post, and do it right.

i am hoping the Blackberries that i cut at the base will come back? Does anyone know what a crew would charge for emergency work on a Sunday? And about how much to charge for pulling the wreck out of there so they could get it impounded?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Sorry, man. I feel your pain.

The good news is thorny vines of that type are hard to kill short of digging up the soil and hauling it away. root systems survive after the tops are cut back and will regrow next year. I recall back in the day dad bush hogging the raspberry patch to get rid of the dead vines and they always came back the next year.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Spent the day demoing about 400 feet of fence, Cutting down Mid size trees, etc because I had nothing better to do! I love it when someone gets to decide how I am going to spend my day, and that I really have no business sleeping at 04:00.

10 hours later, the front of the property is secured with field fence and T posts, it will work until Spring when I can set new wood Post, and do it right.

i am hoping the Blackberries that i cut at the base will come back? Does anyone know what a crew would charge for emergency work on a Sunday? And about how much to charge for pulling the wreck out of there so they could get it impounded?

Blackberries will always come back. They bear on the second year canes though, so you won't have berries there until 2021.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Min charge just to get a truck to hook up has always been about $100. Cost goes up from there. $150 to pull a car out of a ditch isn't unreasonable.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    Towing varies. Mileage from base to A.O. , how hard it is to extricate, securing to tow vehicle and mileage back. Saturdays and Sundays esp not during posted work times can add hefty fees also.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    Sorry, man. I feel your pain.

The good news is thorny vines of that type are hard to kill short of digging up the soil and hauling it away. root systems survive after the tops are cut back and will regrow next year. I recall back in the day dad bush hogging the raspberry patch to get rid of the dead vines and they always came back the next year.
    :nono:
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/TORDON-R...5ejRUNmoGcbJ42mbVB4xniM5AJ8i_lv0aAtSAEALw_wcB

Blackberries will always come back. They bear on the second year canes though, so you won't have berries there until 2021.
    These are considered brush.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Did the drunk leave the scene, or were they arrested? Either way, the police that you called should have had the vehicle towed.

No his car had a sudden loss of oil and it was going nowhere. I am guessing one of the boulders took out his oil pan. initially they sent a truck with a wheel lift. which was not getting it out. I did not want the wrecker stuck down in there on top of it. So I ended up using the 3 point to lift it off and Yanked it out of there.

Still really unhappy about the whole deal, the Guy was a real ***hat. Disrespectful, argumentative.

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    BGukIXA.jpg

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    No his car had a sudden loss of oil and it was going nowhere. I am guessing one of the boulders took out his oil pan. initially they sent a truck with a wheel lift. which was not getting it out. I did not want the wrecker stuck down in there on top of it. So I ended up using the 3 point to lift it off and Yanked it out of there.

Still really unhappy about the whole deal, the Guy was a real ***hat. Disrespectful, argumentative.

Was he arrested? I understand about not wanting the wrecker stuck, I've seen them tear up some yards.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    We had a guy on Emerson last week hit four cars and then end up head on into a truck on wrong side. I saw patients from three of the cars. I think driver went downtown. Jackass

indyjs

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 4, 2008
    Greenwood

File an EPA claim for the contamination

Top Bottom