Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    wcd

User Info Menu

Venting alert...I hate Drunk Drivers!

Spent the day demoing about 400 feet of fence, Cutting down Mid size trees, etc because I had nothing better to do! I love it when someone gets to decide how I am going to spend my day, and that I really have no business sleeping at 04:00.

10 hours later, the front of the property is secured with field fence and T posts, it will work until Spring when I can set new wood Post, and do it right.

i am hoping the Blackberries that i cut at the base will come back? Does anyone know what a crew would charge for emergency work on a Sunday? And about how much to charge for pulling the wreck out of there so they could get it impounded?

User Info Menu

Sorry, man. I feel your pain.

The good news is thorny vines of that type are hard to kill short of digging up the soil and hauling it away. root systems survive after the tops are cut back and will regrow next year. I recall back in the day dad bush hogging the raspberry patch to get rid of the dead vines and they always came back the next year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Freeman View Post
    A confused cop is an arresty cop.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierdoc View Post
    also, where do we sign up to touch Frank's equipment?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wcd View Post
    Spent the day demoing about 400 feet of fence, Cutting down Mid size trees, etc because I had nothing better to do! I love it when someone gets to decide how I am going to spend my day, and that I really have no business sleeping at 04:00.

10 hours later, the front of the property is secured with field fence and T posts, it will work until Spring when I can set new wood Post, and do it right.

i am hoping the Blackberries that i cut at the base will come back? Does anyone know what a crew would charge for emergency work on a Sunday? And about how much to charge for pulling the wreck out of there so they could get it impounded?
    Blackberries will always come back. They bear on the second year canes though, so you won't have berries there until 2021.
    Parkerizing lollipops since 1973.

User Info Menu

Min charge just to get a truck to hook up has always been about $100. Cost goes up from there. $150 to pull a car out of a ditch isn't unreasonable.

Master

User Info Menu

Towing varies. Mileage from base to A.O. , how hard it is to extricate, securing to tow vehicle and mileage back. Saturdays and Sundays esp not during posted work times can add hefty fees also.
    Local tribal warlord

I am Asher's son.

User Info Menu

Did the drunk leave the scene, or were they arrested? Either way, the police that you called should have had the vehicle towed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Birds Away View Post
    You'e thinking in circles and you have yourself surrounded.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cameramonkey View Post
    Sorry, man. I feel your pain.

The good news is thorny vines of that type are hard to kill short of digging up the soil and hauling it away. root systems survive after the tops are cut back and will regrow next year. I recall back in the day dad bush hogging the raspberry patch to get rid of the dead vines and they always came back the next year.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/TORDON-RT...0aAtSAEALw_wcB

Quote Originally Posted by patience0830 View Post
    Blackberries will always come back. They bear on the second year canes though, so you won't have berries there until 2021.
    These are considered brush.
    Just because you're at the center of the Universe doesn't mean you're in it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Frank_N_Stein View Post
    Did the drunk leave the scene, or were they arrested? Either way, the police that you called should have had the vehicle towed.
    Repeat after me, Iím Frank not Denny, Iím Frank not Denny...

wcd

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Frank_N_Stein View Post
    No his car had a sudden loss of oil and it was going nowhere. I am guessing one of the boulders took out his oil pan. initially they sent a truck with a wheel lift. which was not getting it out. I did not want the wrecker stuck down in there on top of it. So I ended up using the 3 point to lift it off and Yanked it out of there.

Still really unhappy about the whole deal, the Guy was a real ***hat. Disrespectful, argumentative.

wcd

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by chocktaw2 View Post
    Well last Summer we picked about 30 quarts and they were so good. I actually built a nice arbor for them to support them. Think I am going to pull some out of the freezer they are awesome on ice cream.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast