• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    Is this where it’s appropriate to comment about a woman trying to do a man’s job and failed ? Apparently the male deputy had to go in and physically restrain the alleged shoplifter and place him under arrest. Much greater charges than shoplifting subsequently assigned due to the perp made the decision to resist.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Is this where it’s appropriate to comment about a woman trying to do a man’s job and failed ? Apparently the male deputy had to go in and physically restrain the alleged shoplifter and place him under arrest. Much greater charges than shoplifting subsequently assigned due to the perp made the decision to resist.

We are all thinking this.
    I always worry about things like this happening.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Men and women's bodies are different. In golf, they tee off closer to the hole. And a woman's club is two inches shorter. On average, women have less upper body strength to drive the ball. It's not a discriminatory statement, women's bodies are different from mens. Personally I like to celebrate the differences.

SOUP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Noblesville
    I hate to play arm chair PO-PO, but she didn't have control of the situation from the get-go.

The worst part is the guy will never blame himself for what happened either. He seemed very off. I hope he sits and jail and realizes that he single handily got his own mother shot, for throwing a childish like temper tantrum, over what was probably just a simple misdemeanor shoplifting charge. What an idiot.

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    I hate to play arm chair PO-PO, but she didn't have control of the situation from the get-go.

Bingo. When the resistance started (going back in the house), it was time for backup. And that has nothing to do with being a man/woman/they/whatever...

NEVER chase the bear into his den alone. That's just asking for trouble.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    Bingo. When the resistance started (going back in the house), it was time for backup. And that has nothing to do with being a man/woman/they/whatever...

NEVER chase the bear into his den alone. That's just asking for trouble.

Never chase the bear alone, when you are unprepared, The heavyset officer was unprepared for that call from the start to the finish....
    First you cant rationalize with someone drunk, on drugs or mentally ill...
    My opionion is, She should find a new line of work***,,...

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Right in the home? Ow, that has to hurt.
    Start over.
    Some folks call it a sling shoplifter, I call it a Kaiser shoplifter.
    No? Let's try this again.
    That's what you get when you have quotas. Diversity is not our strength. I've known some women that could do a job like that. Mostly not ones I would particularly want to date, but I don't think they'd be interested anyway. The thing is, just because you can get pistols small enough the typical woman can hold them, doesn't mean you need to be putting these women out on the street. Even if she'd done it right, she obviously didn't have what it took to restrain that guy. But oh wholly carp you don't go in there after a guy that might be reaching around the corner to grab a 12 gauge.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I don't think the officer's gender makes a difference, in this case. Any one officer would be at a disadvantage with an unpredictable larger guy like this one.

The officer really really seemed like she was very short on training to handle this situation. It seemed as if she made many attempts to lay hands on the nut, when all the signs pointed to it going badly, as it did.

Maybe the female officer is an outlier, but it seems as if this department should put as much training into their officers as they do their very polished PR division who put together this video?

The video does point out the importance of officer body cams. Not sure the story would be the same, had this officer not been wearing one?

Last edited:

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    He told her he was bigger than her and would do what he wants!

Don’t be a liberal and believe that a women can fight a man !

Did you notice the man tackled him and took care of business?
    I have witnessed a few men get their a$$ beat by a women very few and by the time the man started fighting back it was too late.

I bet that woman had never been hit?
    Went to the pistol why?
    I gather from the video if someone grabs my wrists and yells at me I can “smoke um” ?

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Apparently I'd make a lousy cop.

I would have shot him outside right after getting there. Just for him being an *******. :ar15:

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I think it has less to do with the deputy being a female and more to do with any officer trying to make an immediate arrest of an uncooperative suspect without backup. Women are generally physically weaker than men, but there is also a disparity of strength among men, so there are no guarantees. If you know that you are going to be making an arrest, a minimum of 2 officers is a good idea. And a Taser. And some pepper spray. And maybe a dog.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    As far as the shot placement goes?
    To shoot the mom without hitting the dude that was trying to block the shot took great skill that most cops have yet to accomplish. Let's face it..... it's the mom's fault that douchenozzle is here in the first place.
    Cop needs a medal. :yesway:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I think it has less to do with the deputy being a female and more to do with any officer trying to make an immediate arrest of an uncooperative suspect without backup. Women are generally physically weaker than men, but there is also a disparity of strength among men, so there are no guarantees. If you know that you are going to be making an arrest, a minimum of 2 officers is a good idea. And a Taser. And some pepper spray. And maybe a dog.

I agree. While a large, strong, trained man may have been able to complete the task on his own...at what cost? Full MMA fight?

No, this situation called for backup and non-lethal weapons to take the guy into custody.

...and letting the perp get between you and the exit? Not my first choice.

Top Bottom