Woke up with three feet less of intestines this morning.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    Woke up Tuesday morning with stomach cramps. Called off work. By noon, it was obviously getting worse. Went to urgent care, but they said I needed
    Yto go straight to the ER. Diagnosed with bowel blockage. Surgeon drew me a diagram of what the problem was, and that surgery was the only option. He removed three feet of bad intestines. (dying)
    Told me this morning that he was surprised that I wasn't in more pain when I came in. And that if I had waited, snd it burst, I would have been in serious trouble.

Today was day one of recovery. Went for three short walks. Got my FMLA started, so I'm good to go with that.
    Just gotta do what I'm told now by my doctor and nurses. Maybe clean a few guns when I got home.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Glad it was caught in time!

Some people will go to amazing lengths to accomplish their weight-loss plan for the holidays. :):

White Squirrel

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2016
    Evansville
    Glad you got medical assistance in time. Doesn't sound like a picnic, but obviously better than the alternative.

Follow the doctor's orders and get well.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Yikes. Hope you're feeling OK.

On the bright side, if you're married, you can tell your wife you're not as full of **** as you used to be.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Thank your doctor! They do stuff like this all the time and it has to seem like they are just taking crap from people all day.

Kidding aside, I'm really glad this played out the way it did. Frankly if you are going to have this problem I can't see a better way for it to play out. No significant symptoms until the last minute (didn't have to suffer a long time), got it treated, now healing with the knowledge it is a condition that isn't likely to come back to get you later.

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    Ouch. Sorry to hear that. Heal up and get better

And here I was feeling sorry for myself because I have a ruptured or strained tendon in my arm/hand. Kinda puts it my issue back into perspective.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    For a minute I thought you might be a victim from the "White Van Abduction" thread; you know, organ harvesting and all that!:scared:

Victim? If anything it sounds like he is now more likely to be a customer.

Nippr, I hope you see the humor as our show of love. We all hope you the best.

Top Bottom