• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    Wow so much for freedom of speech. also most young people are clueless on history and may have a different meaning on what they were doing. Let's no be so quick to condemn.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    This reminds me of my sisters story at Thanksgiving about awkward moments. She was at a church youth camp and at one point they were asked to pray over this one person. It was a fairly large gathering so at some point it became apparent that if you were in row 3 or more you were basically posing for what looked like a Nazi salute at a youth rally. LOL

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Well, this is a group of people who volunteered​ to spend their lives in prison...so I just don't know what we can expect.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    This reminds me of my sisters story at Thanksgiving about awkward moments. She was at a church youth camp and at one point they were asked to pray over this one person. It was a fairly large gathering so at some point it became apparent that if you were in row 3 or more you were basically posing for what looked like a Nazi salute at a youth rally. LOL

My Dad told me that when he was in elementary school, before WWII, when they said the Pledge, they would start with their hands over their hearts and then when they said "To the Flag", they would stretch out their hand to point at the flag....they stopped doing that around 1941...and were smart enough to ever start doing it again.

bellamy_salute-56a9aaf15f9b58b7d0fdcf8e.jpg

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    Wow so much for freedom of speech. also most young people are clueless on history and may have a different meaning on what they were doing. Let's no be so quick to condemn.

Hey I'm all about freedom of speech. And the part about young people having a different meaning of what they are doing. That's why you have leadership and mentors. Go ahead and do the nazi salute anywhere you want, not a smart move in the work place. Or your soon to be employer. I'll you what, go ahead take a picture just like this with some of your co-workers. Then post it all over your work place. Let us know how that works out for you.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy

I don't think these guys were praying. :):

Capture.jpg

https://wchstv.com/news/local/repor...ctions-employees-fired-over-nazi-salute-photo

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

Stupid has consequences and I'm fine with that.

But what about peer pressure? Tell that to this guy.

August-Landmesser-Almanya-1936.jpg

....although the whole "Hail Byrd" thing strikes me as a generational West Virginia thing.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    Stupid has consequences and I'm fine with that.

But what about peer pressure? Tell that to this guy.

August-Landmesser-Almanya-1936.jpg

....although the whole "Hail Byrd" thing strikes me as a generational West Virginia thing.

I seem to recall reading somewhere that the guy in the photo ended up dead as result. Does that count as stupid has consequences?

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    Not if the alternative is doing evil.

So you wouldn't play along to stay alive and then potentially do some underground activities directly opposing said evil? It's just a weird salute, not executing a Jewish prisoner.

Dying foolishly is stupid. Living to fight another day seems smarter. I imagine some French resistance fighters/suppliers/sympathizers played along by day, same as others throughout history. The guy in the photo had balls no doubt, just lacked brains. So...stupid has consequences, yes?

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    So you wouldn't play along to stay alive and then potentially do some underground activities directly opposing said evil? It's just a weird salute, not executing a Jewish prisoner.

Dying foolishly is stupid. Living to fight another day seems smarter. I imagine some French resistance fighters/suppliers/sympathizers played along by day, same as others throughout history. The guy in the photo had balls no doubt, just lacked brains. So...stupid has consequences, yes?

I'd have to agree with this. He probably could have done the salute with an eye roll and lived to see another day. Military uniforms are camouflage for a reason.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

What would I do? No idea.

Am I going to fault someone and call them stupid for making a principled stand? Absolutely not.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Didn't they say "Byrd" was the name of one of their instructors? Perhaps they were recognizing him as a great instructor or as an overbearing ass. Either way, firing all of them is a way-over-the-top-knee-jerk-appease-the-perpetually-offended move.

Top Bottom