Join INGunOwners For Free

User Info Menu

Ft Wayne Gander Mountain Closing

"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
    Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.
    And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind."
    Major Michael Davis O'Donnell KIA 7 Feb 1978

User Info Menu

I think that is the second time that store has closed...

User Info Menu

But where will I go to buy overpriced outdoor stuff locally?
    Rights are only as secure as the ability to wield sufficient force to defend them. - J. Neil Schulman

“There's nothing wrong with the country a bad recession couldn't fix.” - Irving Kristol

"He's not a tame lion..."

1 Samuel 13:19

Psalm 149:6

User Info Menu

Obviously not there...
    Naphtali Lodge 389 Kokomo, IN

Hard luck is my only luck...
    Not your average Korean Hillbilly
    Tactical Chia Pet
    2012 FXDF (Fatbob)

Plinker

User Info Menu

Just got home from there. Two hours in line to pay. ugh. Most all the popular handguns are gone. Hunting rifles and shotguns have some left at 25% off. Lots of 22LR and shotgun ammo left at 25% off. All kinds of fishing gear still on hand. I was able to pick up carhart pants, pistol soft case and a heavy canvas tool bag for 50% off each. Overall I'm happy with the purchases. Wish I had known about the closing earlier, would have liked to get more gun gear, mags, scopes, etc.
    NRA Endowment member

User Info Menu

I made the trip this morning. About an hour drive. Got there at 0950, they opened at 1000, and parking had already filled up Home Depots first several rows. And people were lined up like they were going to a Stones concert.

I got in and meandered around a while. Picked up a few things, and checked out. Lines weren't too bad then. Put my stuff in the car and came back in.

Second trip I braved the gun counter. They were working off off of numbers, and just called number 26. Next number in the dispenser was 117. Still had several Sigs and Smith's. Lots of long guns. I didnt pay close attention to much else, and got out of dodge. Lines at checkout were a mile long by then.

All in all, I would have been better served getting things done around the house.
    Once an adult - twice a child.

User Info Menu

A couple weeks ago they announced they were wanting to sell RVs out of this location.

To be honest, when I read yesterday they were closing, I wasnt really disappointed. RV sales were already down by more than half this year.

User Info Menu

Meh.

I can still buy and sell guns in that parking lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Abraham Lincoln
    Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?