I can't believe Time put Greta on the cover when they could've had Joe Rwamirama

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    GONE WITH THE WIND
    Man whose deadly farts ‘can kill mosquitoes hired to create Mosquito Repellent made from his intestinal gas’
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/10522729/man-farts-kill-mosquitos/

Shoot, never mind Person of the Year, get this guy a Nobel Prize in Biology.

The odd job man says no one in his home village has ever contracted malaria because his powers knock out insects over a six mile radius.If true, that would make his fallout zone larger than that of the atomic bomb which destroyed Hiroshima in 1945.

The [village] chief said: "I heard about Joe's gift and I took him in to help mop out the mosquitoes infesting our surroundings.“He respectfully drops these bloomers and it helped eradicate the insects. He does his thing and they drop - like flies."...

Joe dreams of his marketing his gas and added: “Imagine buying a Raid can with my face on it!”

Well I hope it's just his face.

Joe's claims that insect repellent companies are researching his...bloomers...could have not yet been verified.

Some stories are just too good to fact check.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Time cover or not, for the president to throw shade at a 16 year old is pretty petty. It is well known the girl is on the autism spectrum, so while her views might be open to criticism, IMO, her person is not. Trump's Beta male jealousy seemed to make him forget he was commenting on a child.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    As I have yet to see what DJT said about our little nutty activist puppet I too have to sat WTF. O got a peace prize for doing absolutely NADA so why not give this kid a huge award for doing more than O but serving no real purpose. She is an obvious puppet as was/is David Hogg.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    As I have yet to see what DJT said about our little nutty activist puppet I too have to sat WTF. O got a peace prize for doing absolutely NADA so why not give this kid a huge award for doing more than O but serving no real purpose. She is an obvious puppet as was/is David Hogg.

I agree Obama got the NPP "just because." Greta Thurberg got it for being an environmental activist. Given her age, profile, and the subject it's easy to see why she got the attention and received the prize. Not saying she deserved it, but it's not something out of the ordinary for the committee.
    As far was what Trump said, after he learned she had won the award, he stated (via Twitter):
    “So ridiculous, Greta must work on her anger management problem, then go to a good old fashioned movie with a friend! Chill Greta, Chill!”

As far as I know, Greta Thunberg has never said anything about the president, let alone attacked him. So what gives? The First Lady's personal program is about cyber bullying, and when the chick made the ill-advised comment about Baron/Barron, she clapped back. Now her own husband is doing the exact same thing that she supposed to be bring attention too, and yet she remains silent. I mean c'mon, attacking a 16 year old kid? That just low class.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I agree Obama got the NPP "just because." Greta Thurberg got it for being an environmental activist. Given her age, profile, and the subject it's easy to see why she got the attention and received the prize. Not saying she deserved it, but it's not something out of the ordinary for the committee.
    As far was what Trump said, after he learned she had won the award, he stated (via Twitter):

As far as I know, Greta Thunberg has never said anything about the president, let alone attacked him. So what gives? The First Lady's personal program is about cyber bullying, and when the chick made the ill-advised comment about Baron/Barron, she clapped back. Now her own husband is doing the exact same thing that she supposed to be bring attention too, and yet she remains silent. I mean c'mon, attacking a 16 year old kid? That just low class.

Yes she is angry. This in my eyes detracts from her integrity if there is any to be detracted from. It is OK to be involved when you believe. She is not believable. Seriously. Her childhood has been robbed. WTF people. Stop it.

If that is all he said while maybe not being PC I can kind of agree.

Stop using kids to advance your agenda. Especially kids with issues. JMHO of course. Smoke-em if you got-em.

Carry on.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    It wasn't a Peace Prize, it was the Time's "Person of the Year"

She's not real. These aren't her ideas, or speeches, or doing, or initiatives. She's a mascot, that's it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

She's not real. These aren't her ideas, or speeches, or doing, or initiatives. She's a mascot, that's it.

Never said it was the peace prize. O got that I believe. But what she did get is a farce. She is a puppet.

If I mis-stated I am sorry.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    A thread about a guy whose farts can kill mosquitoes 6 miles away and the first response is about..... Trump.

TDS is a real thing.

Anyhoo... I don't know if I want to buy mosquito repellent that smells like farts.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Time's most famous feature throughout its history has been the annual "Person of the Year" (formerly "Man of the Year") cover story, in which Time recognizes the individual or group of individuals who have had the biggest impact on news headlines over the past 12 months. The distinction is supposed to go to the person who, "for good or ill", has most affected the course of the year; it is, therefore, not necessarily an honor or a reward. In the past, such figures as Adolf Hitler and Joseph Stalin have been Man of the Year.

Her parents are in the running for Pimps of the Year. Child abuse at best.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    A thread about a guy whose farts can kill mosquitoes 6 miles away and the first response is about..... Trump.

TDS is a real thing.

Anyhoo... I don't know if I want to buy mosquito repellent that smells like farts.

LOL seriously though!

And after reading the outrage I thought he ripped into the girl or something. He said she needs to work on her anger management and go to an old fashioned movie, and people crank it up to 10 over it! :laugh::lmfao:

Who needs cable TV when TDS provides countless hours of entertainment for free

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Time cover or not, for the president to throw shade at a 16 year old is pretty petty. It is well known the girl is on the autism spectrum, so while her views might be open to criticism, IMO, her person is not. Trump's Beta male jealousy seemed to make him forget he was commenting on a child.

She throws plenty of shade herself. If she's gonna put it out there she should take it. Something I'd rather the POTUS not do. But anyway, she changed her twitter bio to say, "A teenager working on her anger management problem. Currently chilling and watching a good old fashioned movie with a friend."

So apparently her anger management therapy worked. She doesn't seem to be snarling now.

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

This seems to be what the progressive nutters are doing these days. Trying to find kids to stand up and say the things they want said. And she stood up there and complained that having to skip school to sail all the way to NYC in a $3M yacht. All to snarl at adults and demand we completely change our economy, when she knows next to nothing about the world, about the other side of it, without regard to the people who would die if we did everything she demanded. That privileged little brat can kiss my ass. Stole her childhood? I'm just not inclined to give her much slack.

I'd rather the Hong Kong protesters got the cover. How much of their children's childhoods were ligit stolen?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This seems to be what the progressive nutters are doing these days. Trying to find kids to stand up and say the things they want said. And she stood up there and complained that having to skip school to sail all the way to NYC in a $3M yacht. All to snarl at adults and demand we completely change our economy, when she knows next to nothing about the world, about the other side of it, without regard to the people who would die if we did everything she demanded. That privileged little brat can kiss my ass. Stole her childhood? I'm just not inclined to give her much slack.

I'd rather the Hong Kong protesters got the cover. How much of their children's childhoods were ligit stolen?

:woot: "Winner" :woot:

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to GPIA7R again.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to GPIA7R again.

I put 10 on his board in your name.

When some one s a fraud....child or adult and backe by the media machine they will be called out by those with clear thought process.

In regality what DJT said is pretty much on point. She has been made into an international spokes person of no merit.

Mascot is actually to kind.

Top Bottom